Deleted events keep showing up

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Deleted events keep showing up

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gisela Nilsson
    Participant

Events keep showing up as ‘new’ in “Events from Facebook organizations or pages you’ve added:” if I ‘trash’ them in ‘pending events’ after having imported them.

How can I get rid of those events once and for all. It would be nice to be able to delete them directly in “Events from Facebook organizations or pages you’ve added:”

Steps to reproduce:
    I’m in ‘Events from Facebook organizations or pages you’ve added:’
    I select an event and click “Import event”
    I go to Events > Pending events > I then click “Trash” as I realize it is a duplicate
    I go back to “Import Facebook” > Now the event is showing again as an ‘unimported event’ (new event)

Seems like if you don’t actually add the event to your calendar, then you can’t delete it.

Please let me know. Thank you, guidetovintage.com

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I can help out.

The Facebook Events importer only check if an event (or venue) as been imported previously by the importer. It does not have a feature to detect if an event that was imported and deleted should not be imported again nor a feature for you choose an event to not import.

Are these duplicate events you are trying to delete? Or are they events that you do not want to show on your site?

Either way you can set the events to either draft or private after being imported and then the front end user would not be able to see them and the event would not be re imported again.

Let me know about my questions and we can go from here.

Thanks

Gisela Nilsson
    Participant

Hi,

in a way they are duplicates in that they have also been entered by the organizer through community events. I guess i could keep the one from the FB import but that means a lot of copying and pasting and sometimes it is a timing issue.

I can use the PRIVATE or DRAFT solution as a work around but long term it doesn’t sound like an ideal solution. Would you consider adding an option to delete a Facebook event or choose not to import it?

I appreciate the alternate solutions you offered.

Thank you,
    Gisela

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Glad there is a workaround and I realize that is not ideal for the long term.

We are interested in adding a more Intelligent Auto Importer where you have the ability to disable import on single events.

I do not have a timeline for that feature, if you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there as that will improve the chances of it being added quicker.

http://tribe.uservoice.com/

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Deleted events keep showing up’ is closed to new replies.