Deleted Events from Source Calendar still shows on WP Site

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Deleted Events from Source Calendar still shows on WP Site

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Abraham
    Participant

The source calendar has deleted an event, and I’ve re-imported the ical after the event has been deleted, but the deleted event still shows up within WordPress. Is there a better way to sync the events to better reflect the events from the source?

Nico

Howdy Abraham,

Welcome to our support forums and thanks for reaching out to us. I can help you here…

Per default we disable the ability to override previously imported events. This can be changed, by adding the following snippet in the theme’s (or child theme’s) functions.php file:

/* Allow events to be overwritten */
    add_filter( 'tribe_events_ical_importer_overwrite_existing_events', '__return_true' );

Please add the snippet and try to re-import the feed,
    Best,
    Nico

Abraham
    Participant

I added the function, but it seems that it didn’t help. I re-imported the ical and it looks like the event did not delete off of WordPress site Calendar.

Nico

Hi Abraham,

Thanks for confirming, and sorry to hear this didn’t help. I’ll run some more tests on this, can you please indicate which calendar soft you are using to generate the ics?

Also if available can you send me the feeds before and after the events are deleted? If you do so, please indicate which is the deleted event.

Best,
    Nico

Abraham
    Participant

I am using Outlook to generate the ics file. I can send you the after ics file, but for the before I’ve already deleted the event. In any case it’s just a deleted event off of the Outlook Calendar and exported to an ics file. Also I know that it is the latest ics file, because I would create a test event and see if it populates the WP calendar with the latest test event, and it does.

Nico

Hi Abraham,

Please do sen the ics feed, I’ll download it and import it then clean out an event and see what happen. Now that I think of maybe it’s intended to not delete the event in the WordPress site, and this is how it works. But I’ll give a spin to confirm this.

Best,
    Nico

Abraham
    Participant

Sure. Let me know where I can send the ics too.

Nico

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Deleted Events from Source Calendar still shows on WP Site’ is closed to new replies.