Delete all event in specific category?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Delete all event in specific category?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michelle
    Participant

Do you know if there is a function within the admin to delete all events in a specific category, or if there is a query I could run on the database?

Currently we have about 50,000 events in one particular category which I want to remove completely without having to manually do it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Lafate,

Thanks for reaching out! Let me help you with that.

You could try a plugin like Bulk Delete to remove lots of posts at once. I did a quick test, it worked for me.

Once installed and you are on its page, then look for the section By custom taxonomy. There you should be able to choose tribe_events and then Event Categories, then simply choose the needed category. I also reco to restrict the plugin to delete the first 1000 posts, in case you are experiencing  a script timeout.

Let me know if this helps you with your question.

Cheers,
    Andras

Michelle
    Participant

Thanks I will try that.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again,

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Delete all event in specific category?’ is closed to new replies.