Defaults for new events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Defaults for new events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Motorco
    Participant

So the default date = today is fine, we’ll always have to edit that. But the start time is *never* 8AM and the default duration is *never* 8 hrs. So how do I go about setting 8PM as default start time and 2hrs as default duration? I have looked thru the code and these settings are non-obvious. There’s something happening w/ $EventStartDate, but it’s not clear how/where that gets defined for a new event post?

Barry

Hi Mike,

Great idea. Adding some code like this (to your theme’s functions.php file or some other suitable place) would be one way to change the default start and end time.

It hasn’t been extensively tested by any means (and doesn’t support more advanced ideas such as setting the end date one day ahead etc) but should certainly give you a starting point – two example uses are given at the bottom of the snippet.

If that doesn’t work for you – or even in addition to using it – you could also consider posting a feature request over on our UserVoice page at tribe.uservoice.com … thanks!

Motorco
    Participant

That is perfect – thank you. Much more involved to set that default than I thought it would be.

Barry

Happy to help!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Defaults for new events’ is closed to new replies.