Default view for events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Default view for events

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sara

I have the default view for events set for Calendar however, it always defaults to the event list. Any assistance is appreciated.

Rob

Hi again Sara. What’s the URL path for your events? Are they still set to /events? You should if that’s the case be seeing grid at that URL. My guess is maybe you have a link somewhere going to /events/upcoming, which is the URL for the list regardless of what’s set to default.

Let me know if that’s the cause. Otherwise I can keep looking into it for you.

Sara

Hi Rob…

This is the URL for the Events Page

http://www.365plainfield.com/?post_type=tribe_events

Rob

Hi Sara. Thanks for posting that; what slug have you configured for the broader events page? Did you manually set it to ?post_type=tribe_events, versus just /events?

Sara

I did not change anything. I just added the the event plug in.

Rob

Thanks for confirming. I guess what I’m asking is, where did you get that URL for ?post_type=tribe_events? You should go to Settings –> The Events Calendar, then set the URL slug as /events. The URL it generates automatically (appears underneath the slug field) should be where your events live. Make sure to resave your permalinks page after this.

Let me know what happens from there and I can keep trying to troubleshoot.

Roberto
    Participant

@Sara, i had the same problem, check this post, maybe it will be useful: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/something-strange-when-i-click-my-events-base-url

Rob

Thanks Roberto.

Sara: let me know if Roberto’s suggestion above helps.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Default view for events’ is closed to new replies.