Default time for events, end dates

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Default time for events, end dates

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Martin
    Participant

Hi guys
    We’re using Calendar Pro for a music venue. This means that all their events usually start at 7.30pm (not AM), and they never have a need for an end date.

Is there any way we can get rid of the end date field from the back end, and also set the default time to be 7.30pm to avoid my client having to manually change this every time?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Jon,

You could hide the field fairly easily using CSS, but I’m not sure how you would get a default value in there. That would be trickier because you would need to hook into the save function for events. Unfortunately this is not something I can help you with. You’ll need to figure it out on your own or hire someone to help you.

Good luck!

– Jonah

Jonathan Martin
    Participant

Thanks for the reply!

Perhaps the plugin should allow a default time setting to be added, it’s a fairly major UX issue if someone is adding events regularly and they’re always defaulting to 8am. My guess is the majority of people hosting or posting events will follow some kind of pattern for their event times (for example a club or music venue, or a band who’d always do evenings).

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Jon,

You bring up a good point. I will suggest this as a feature for a future release. No guarantees of if or when it will make it in. Thanks for your input.

Cheers,
    Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Default time for events, end dates’ is closed to new replies.