"default" tickets (automatically add predefined tickets)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus "default" tickets (automatically add predefined tickets)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Motorco
    Participant

I am building a site for a venue that will have around 5 ticketed events each week. There are always 3 “tickets” per event. The reason for this is that I need to have “add-ons” for each ticket and the easiest thing is to consider those to also just be tickets (with only the actual ticket getting the taxes/fees): Ticket, Membership, parking pass. The number of tickets is variable (from 300 to 450) , but that last item is always limited to 45. I have no desire to make users enter (or copy/paste) the exact same title and description for those items each time they create an event. The only thing that will change is the ticket price. Not *all* events have tickets, therefore I do need a button click to “add tickets” to those events that need them. I am basically trying to make “Add Ticket” populate the DB with the set values and only ask the user for the thing that changes: the ticket price.

So! My question is: can you provide some hints or suggestions on the best way to approach this? FWIW I just added back the PDF file attachment (along w/ QR code) and it took some heavy lifting. It’d be nice to get a head start from ppl more familiar with the code. Just looking for a quick “look at function X in file.php and also look at obfuscated.js” kind of thing. Thanks!

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, mike. This definitely sounds like an intriguing feature. We don’t have anything like that, but it sounds like it will be really handy once it’s implemented.

Unfortunately, we aren’t able to offer detailed support that kind of customization which is, admittedly, pretty bespoke. Please take a look at our documentation at http://docs.tri.be/ where you’ll find technical docs on what you can use to make your own customizations.

You might also check out how our own code functions with regards to TribeWooTickets::save_ticket() in particular. Not a guaranteed fix, but hopefully, it’ll get you pointed in a useful direction.

Good luck!

Motorco
    Participant

Okay. I am stumped. How are the values for the ticket fields getting in those text boxes? I can set the value=”some text” and that gets ignored. I’m not too familiar with javascript/jquery, so perhaps this is some obvious magic of which I am ignorant. If an admin user edits a ticket (admin-views/tickets/meta-box.php), the existing data gets loaded into those fields – but HOW??

Motorco
    Participant

Ok I think I answered my own question. Found tickets.js and the response.data structure. Oi that was hard to get to via grep 🙂

Kelly
    Participant

Nicely done, mike! Do I take it that you’re all set here for now?

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, mike. Since it’s been a couple of weeks, I’m guessing you’re good. Please start a new thread if anything else comes up!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘"default" tickets (automatically add predefined tickets)’ is closed to new replies.