Decembre Events using wrong date-format

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Decembre Events using wrong date-format

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sebastian Petersen
    Participant

Hey everybody,

while all months seem to use my blogs date-format to display dates in events (example: 3. Januar 2014 @ 20:00 – 23:00), events postet for decembre seem to fall back to the plugins native settings (Dezember 30 @ 19:00 – 20:30).

Neill

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your note and your info on this issue. Sorry to hear you are having this problem.

I’ve tried to replicate this issue on my end and I’m not see it so far. Would you be able to tell me a little about those events in December? Are they single day events? Or are they part of a series of events? Could you tell me if this is happening to ALL events in December? Or just ones that have already passed. If that is the case, what do events in November 2013 or October 2013 look like?

A few of those details should be good to get us going and dig a little deeper for you.

Thanks

Neill

Neill

Hi There,

Just double checking in this thread too if you are all set or if you still need help with this issue. Let me know and I’ll be happy to help.

Neill

Sebastian Petersen
    Participant

Hey Neill, thanks for your awnser.

The problem expendet a little: Your plugin uses the right dateformat for other years than the current. Sounds a little strange, but its exactly what happens.

Let me show you two events in our calendar:

An event taking place in 2014 (happy new year, btw. ;))
    http://www.helmstedter-tageblog.de/events/

And here a listview including an event in 2015:
    http://www.helmstedter-tageblog.de/events/anstehend/?action=tribe_list&tribe_paged=3

As you can see, all 2014 Events (in 2013, it has been the 2013 Events) use (ex.) April 25 @ 20:00 as datetime, while events schedueled for 2015 display dates like 1. Januar 2015.

Greetings,
    Sebastian

Neill

Hi Sebastian,

Can you tell me how you have set the date format in WP  – Maybe a screenshot of how you have that setup in the settings > General page? If it is a Custom setting maybe give us an idea of how you formatted it?

Neill

Sebastian Petersen
    Participant

Here you go:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54549103/datetime.jpg

This happens for the widget, too, btw. Maybe your code is using another, non-localized datetime for the current year (like, without the year) than for other entries?

Neill

Hi Sebastian,

I can see this occurring on my test site now and you are dead on this is an issue.

Thank you for taking the time to explain it and send us those detailed instructions and screenshots. I’ll get this logged with the dev team right away and I’ll be back to you pretty soon with an update.

Thanks again for your input!

Neill

Neill

Hi Sebastain,

I touched base with some of the dev team today, and the info that came back is that this is on their radar. This is technically the intended behavior in our plugin at the moment as we don’t rigidly use the date/time format settings from WP. Now when I say intended we know that its not ideal, so based on your thread we are going to see if we can re – evaluate for a future release.

That being said we have got the option for themers to adjust the date and time format themselves and have made the date features Filterable. If you take a look at the themers guide we have all you need to get started and to make customizations such as this one.  https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/

I’m going to go ahead and close this particular thread out, as its as far as we can go at the moment with this particula issue in this context- BUT please feel free to start a new thread if you have any questions after looking through the themers guide and need any specific pointers with that.

Thanks again for taking the time and effort to point this out. The customization options in the themers guide should give you a temporary fix and with your feedback we can look int improving the plugin for future users with the same need.

Neill

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We were not able to get a fix into our forthcoming 3.4 release. However, this issue is still definitely a priority for us and we plan to work on it for an upcoming release. We will update this thread at that time. Thank you for your patience.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Decembre Events using wrong date-format’ is closed to new replies.