Debug mode always on and Monthly Calendar AJAX pager even though AJAX off

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Debug mode always on and Monthly Calendar AJAX pager even though AJAX off

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Eric
    Participant

I have debug mode unchecked though I’m getting “TEC Debug” messages in my browser console.

For the monthly view, the next and previous links cause the page to use AJAX even though I have “Use Javascript to control page load” turned off.

Barry

Hi Eric, sorry for any confusion!

I have debug mode unchecked though I’m getting “TEC Debug” messages in my browser console.

That setting exists to log additional information to your server’s PHP error log and is I believe a distinct and separate system from the TEC Debug messages you are seeing in your browser’s console.

Are those messages problematic on any level for you?

For the monthly view, the next and previous links cause the page to use AJAX even though I have “Use Javascript to control page load” turned off.

So this setting relates to the live refresh mode rather than the use of ajax in general (ie, allowing content to be updated as changes are made to the event bar, without users having to hit the Find Events button).

We tried to make that clearer by adding the additional descriptive text Enable ajax to live refresh content but if this is still unclear we’re definitely open to any suggestions as to making it clearer yet.

joeleadedesign
    Participant

Hi Barry,

I interpreted the “Enable ajax to live refresh content.” to relate to any ajax activity, so for me it is confusing to have it unchecked but still have the calendar refresh using ajax when navigating between months below the calendar.

I’m hoping to disable ajax all together. Is that possible?

Thanks,

Joel

joeleadedesign
    Participant

To assist in making the description perhaps list the functions that utilise ajax i.e. Enable ajax to live refresh the Search/Find Events and the Date Picker.

Cheers!

Ulli
    Participant

I am also interessted in disabling Ajax for the prev/next links in the lists view and mini calendar widget, because they don’t work for me at all. It just never stops spinning and doesn’t update anything.

joeleadedesign
    Participant

Aha! I found a function to deregister the ajax for the calendar:

add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘my_deregister_javascript’, 100 );
    function my_deregister_javascript() {
    wp_deregister_script(‘tribe-events-calendar’);
    }

joeleadedesign
    Participant
    Barry

OK, sounds like you’re all good here (and thanks for posting back with the solution – as that could definitely benefit others).

We’ll definitely take this feedback on board re the option labelling. I definitely appreciate your reasons for wanting to do this @Ulli … though it does make me wonder if perhaps it isn’t working due to some other underlying problem?

@joeleadedesign
    : do you have a similar reason for wishing to turn this off? We’d definitely love to hear the reason so we can think more about this feature and the related options going forward.

joeleadedesign
    Participant

Thanks Barry!

My reasons for turning it off are unique which is why I didn’t explain my motivation. I’m using Advanced Custom Fields to add inline style background color/images to the calendar td’s. When ajax is enabled, navigating between months seems to conflict with a script I have that sets the height of the background image. I’m terrible at explaining so have a look at http://joelea.de/brightspace/exhibitions/ and you’ll see what I mean.

Go to September and you can see that there are events however the background image doesn’t appear. It’s in the DOM. A page refresh seems to be required in order to fire the js I have that sets the background image height.

Cheers!

Joel

Barry

OK, we were just interested in case there was a wider case for this – though at least on this occasion it sounds pretty specific (as you yourself noted).

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Debug mode always on and Monthly Calendar AJAX pager even though AJAX off’ is closed to new replies.