Deactivate Error Message – Trying to Reinstall

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Deactivate Error Message – Trying to Reinstall

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Marc
    Participant

I was having trouble with the default view settings and decided to deactivate and reinstall both Pro 2.03 and Calender 2.03 – because I had made the newbie mistake of activating PRO First instead of Calender first as the New User Guide recommends. I deactivated Calender OK but now, I cannot deactivate PRO and get this message:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function tribe_update_option() in /home/marcfors/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro.2.0.3/events-calendar-pro.php on line 430.
    Calender Deactivated okay.
    I was going to reinstall both and start over because I could not get the Monthly view of the calender to be the default ( I did change it in Settings) and the List of Events was not showing Name of Event or Organizer for the vents. Display was misaligned and jumbled.
    Can you help me get started with PRO again?

WordPress 3.31
    Hostgator: Site is http://www.christchurchlbk.org
    Plugins: Askimet, JetPack, Simple IMage Widget, Thumbnail Gallery 1.4
    Theme: ThemeForest Bolder 1.4
    Thanks,
    Marc
    Longboat Key Florida

Marc
    Participant

Okay – Got both reinstalled and activated. ( Pro was still activated first).
    Still unresolved:
    1) Cannot get the Default View of All Events to be the Monthly Calender.
    2) Featured Image does show in List of Events ( but does in Individual Event)

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Marc

Rob

Hi Marc. Thanks for the follow-up; glad to see you’ve made some progress on this.

On your outstanding points:

1. This is configurable under Settings -> The Events Calendar; is the link pointing to /events, or /events/upcoming on the frontend?
    2. This is actually the default behavior of the plugin (featured images don’t show in list view), but it should be possible to alter the code slightly to make this possible. I’ve asked our dev Jonah to chime in here with a suggestion on this directly.

Let us know about these and we’ll do what we can to assist.

Marc
    Participant

Thanks Rob:

1) The Settings box to change the default view just doesn’t seem to take for me. Probably a conflict with my Theme? I sent you an email with login so you could test drive it if you wanted.
    2)I just stuck the image in the body of the event to “feature it”. Seems to be acceptable.
    3) On the Single Event Listing – the Organizer name is not LEFT Justified with all the other fields. Have you seen this before? Or maybe it is my Theme again.

I am loving the Plug-in. So Much value here I feel guilty. Keep up the good work.

Marc

Rob

Thanks Marc. When did you send that email? I’m not seeing any record in my inbox; would be willing to resend (rob at tri.be)? I suspect it is a theme conflict (or another plugin) but would be good to identify (and fix if we can).

For #2: Sounds like you got that figured out for now. Let us know if you need us to take another look at some point.

#3: I suspect this to be a theme thing as well, but my guess is our devs could take a look and at least try to offer something up. Let me know if you’re interested.

Cheers!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Marc,

On #3, you have some CSS in your main.css file that is center aligning the organizer name. This is the code on line 317:

.fn {
    font-style: normal;
    text-align: center;
    font-size: 90%;
    margin: 10px 0 0 0;
    display: block;
    }

You can either change this or you can override it by using something like this:

#tribe-events-event-meta .fn {
    text-align: left;
    }

Hope that helps, let me know if you need anything else.

Marc
    Participant

Jonah / Rob:

That did the trick. Many Thanks. You guys went above and beyond in resolving my own theme conflict on this issue. Love the Tribe.
    Thanks again,
    Marc

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Marc, glad we could help! If you feel up to it, please make mention of us on Twitter, your blog, Facebook, etc. to let other’s know. We would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Jonah

Marc
    Participant

Tweet on it’s way
    username: printworthy

Marc
    Participant

I am still unable to get the Default Setting to “Calender View” to work. I made the change under the EC Settings but it has no effect for me. ( see 1-23 post above to Rob).

Marc

Rob

Hey Marc. That’s an odd issue. Would you be willing to try out the current 2.1 beta code (somewhere between the already-released 2.0.3 and the soon-to-be-released 2.1), to see if it fixes the issue there? That’s one that I suspect is a localized conflict (rather than a bug in the code) based on the fact that it hasn’t really come up at all so far…but the new code would be an easy place to start. Let me know.

Marc
    Participant

Rob – Happy to try the 2.1 and report back. Let me know where to access. email is marcfors(at)gmail.com.

I presume I just deactivate 2.03 Calender Pro and Calender (in that order) and then install 2.1 alongside it and activate – right?

Marc

Marc
    Participant

Rob:

I installed 2.1 and had same result. Cannot get the Calender Grid view to be the default. So I imagine you are correct that it is a ‘localized conflict’ on my end – probably the theme I am using. I have the events page set as “page without sidebar’ so I’ll start looking there. Thanks for your help.

Consider the matter closed on your end – especially if you are not seeing it come up elsewhere. Thanks for the help.
    Marc

Rob

Thanks for confirming, Marc. As I mentioned via email – but want to get logged here too – it’s a bummer to hear that there is some sort of conflict. If you’re able to identify what it is conflicting we’ll do what we can to test against that for smoother integration in the 2.1 release…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Deactivate Error Message – Trying to Reinstall’ is closed to new replies.