De-activating Woo Commerce Tickets crashed my site

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus De-activating Woo Commerce Tickets crashed my site

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    restoreoregon
    Participant

I followed the directions for upgrading to the new ticketing, but when I de-activated WooCommerce Tickets, the entire site crashed. My hosting company found the following error message:

PHP Fatal error: Class ‘TribeWooTickets’ not found in /home3/restorp4/public_html/wp-content/themes/canvas-child/functions.php

I realize that Canvas is now an older theme, but a LOT of work went into that child theme and we’re not ready to do a complete overhaul. How do I upgrade without crashing my site?

George
    Participant

Hey @restoreoregon,

I’m sorry for the trouble here 🙁 It looks like there are two things at play:

1. You were using outdated versions of The Events Calendar’s add-ons, and perhaps The Events Calendar itself.

2. You have customizations in your child theme that reference old code which is no longer around, hence that error there…

So the first order of business, it seems, would be to temporarily deactivate your custom child theme, just so that you can use the site normally. Once this is the case, update The Events Calendar to 4.0 and then install and activate these plugins too:
    • Event Tickets 4.0
    • Event Tickets Plus 4.0

If you have Events Calendar Pro installed on your site, then update that to 4.0 too.

Now try activating the child theme. That fatal error should show up.

I understand how much work you must have put into your child theme, but the good news here is that all of this work does NOT have to be tossed. What likely needs to be done here is simply an updating of class names. So let’s look at that original error:

PHP Fatal error: Class ‘TribeWooTickets’ not found in /home3/restorp4/public_html/wp-content/themes/canvas-child/functions.php

For this error, head into your child theme’s functions.php file as directed by that error. Find where the class name TrbeWooTickets is being used, and replace it with Tribe__Tickets__Tickets

Save the changes and replace the old functions.php file with this new functions.php

See if the error persists.

If the error still shows in some form, or the functionality of the theme is broken, you can try replacing
    Tribe__Tickets__Tickets with Tribe__Tickets_Plus__Main

The general principle here can then be repeated for each subsequent error that arises, until things are error-free.

I hope this information helps!

Sincerely,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘De-activating Woo Commerce Tickets crashed my site’ is closed to new replies.