datepicker always visible

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO datepicker always visible

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Nicolas
    Participant

Hello, I have been searching through the knowledgebase and docs trying to find if there is a simple way to have the date picker always visible. I would like to create my calendar something similar to Stanford university events – https://events.stanford.edu/. I can get the mini calendar in a sidebar working ok but don’t want the mini events listing to show. Cursory look I could probably get this functionality to stop, but would like to avoid doing so if there is an easier way (also there would be an issue of getting the sidebar mini calendar to display the main events listings). Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! Kind regards, Nick

Nicolas
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nicolas
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nicolas
    Participant

Thanks very much Brook, I’ll give that a try. Sorry for delayed reply, other work pulling me in different directions! Yes it is a little ironic that you guys didn’t do the calendar for Stanford 🙂 Great little network they’ve got going there, super work!
    Best wishes, Nick

Brook
    Participant

Sounds good, Nick. I’ll wait to hear back.

– Brook

Nicolas
    Participant

Many thanks for your help Brook, all sorted now!

For anyone looking for the same solution, a summary below:
    1. To have the datepicker always visible, use the mini-calendar widget, i.e. avoid trying to engage the datepicker that is part of the “tribe-bar-date-filter”.
    2. To remove the events listing for a particular day in the mini-calendar, set the number of events to show as 0. This is found under widgets section in wp admin.
    3. To get the datepicker to reflect the date selection in the main events listing, firstly, have the number of events set to 0 (as in 2. above). Secondly, this took me a while to figure out, make sure in events > settings > display > enable event views, that at least “day” is checked. Otherwise when trying to select a particular date nothing happens and browser registers javascript:void(0).

Brook
    Participant

Oh good catch there Nicolas with point number 3. I did not think about the possibility that you might not have Day view selected.

Thank you very much for summarizing and getting back. Please let us know if you ever need anything else.

Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘datepicker always visible’ is closed to new replies.