date pickerbumpdown is not a function prevents date picker and venue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO date pickerbumpdown is not a function prevents date picker and venue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

Looks like I am not the first person to report this, as I see multiple reports in your forum.

The latest update to Events Calendar caused a bug where the bumpdown.js script is not being loaded on admin pages where needed.

This was clearly introduced by your latest update, and not caused by a conflict with other plugins. If there is a plugin conflict, it was introduced by you, as our configuration hasn’t changed.

How was the script loading changed in the latest update to cause this?

Our site URL is already set to https.

While our site is a multisite install, I’m not sure that is relevant as you have other reports that a non-multisite.

We are on WPEngine, if that makes any difference to you.

I’m happy to help debug if you can tell me where in your code the bumpdown script gets loaded and specifically what was changed in the latest version to any script loading logic.

marinersmuseum
    Participant

It seems this is because in 4.3.3, according to the release notes, they added: “Fix — Prevent HTTPS websites from attempting to load plugin assets over HTTP.”

I am having this same JS issue too. Others have “fixed” this by making sure they’re loading their entire WP site over https. The problem for me is, I only load WP admin over https and not my public site –I just need encrypted admin traffic. (To do this, I use the “Force SSL for Dashboard” option in the iThemes Security plugin.)

If you downgrade both The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro to 4.3.2, everything works again.

A bigger issue for me is, the JS error also destroyed my recurring events, because when you click “Add Another Rule”, the plugin seems to delete any existing rules and then just saves the event without rules. I just spent an hour recovering my recurring events from a backup.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Kevin, hi Adam,

Thanks for reaching out and I’m sorry about this issue. Please give me some time to look into this and to try to get a temporary fix, if possible. I’ll be back with you shortly.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Gentlemen,

It looks like the bug has resurfaced. I’ll add this thread to the bugticket, which is already on top priority, so I would expect a fix coming out before Christmas.

There are some workarounds until the fix arrives, which you can try:

1. Fixing the URLs under Settings > General

2. Using this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/ssl-insecure-content-fixer/

3. Downgrade to 4.3.2

If you are going to try #1 or #2 I would be happy to hear back if it helped or not.

Are you guys using any SSL certificates as well? Which ones?

Adam, would you mind sharing where your site is hosted?

These details can help us with the fix.

Adam, to keep things clean and orderly, I would kindly like to ask you to open a separate thread for your issue where your recurring events got smashed. To get a quick start please include a detailed description, some screenshots, if you think they help explain / understand and your system information. Thank you very much!

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,
    Andras

marinersmuseum
    Participant

Hello András: I use a COMODO PositiveSSL Wildcard SSL certificate for my sites, which all use the same domain. We also host our sites on a CentOS LAMP stack VPS run by ServInt. I will try the plugin you mentioned tonight after-hours and see if that helps, so we can again use the 4.3.3 version.

Thanks!

Adam

Andras
    Keymaster

Adam, thanks for sharing the details. Please let me know how that plugin works out for you.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Kevin
    Participant

I ended up downgrading, but we have the same setup as Adam. We run HTTP on the front-end, and HTTPS for login and wp-admin pages. That seems to be the setup where this bug is appearing.

We actually have two certs. One is a Cloudflare cert that you’ll see and an end-user on our site. There is a second cert that encrypts traffic between the Cloudflare proxy and our nginx load balancer.

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks for giving me more details Kevin! I just added that to our bugticket.

I am going to set this ticket to pending gix, but the issue is still open and we will update this ticket once we release a fix, so you will be notified.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and reference this one.

Thanks for all the help and input!

Cheers,
    Andras

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to share that we’ve just published The Events Calendar 4.3.5, which includes some fixes to our plugin JavaScript and asset loading. These fixes should help address some of the problems reported here.

You can learn more about the release on this page → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-the-events-calendar-4-3-5-event-tickets-4-3-5-and-premium-plugins/

Cheers!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘date pickerbumpdown is not a function prevents date picker and venue’ is closed to new replies.