Date Picker?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Date Picker?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    hometownchatter
    Participant

Is there a way to change the Date Picker to a Date Ticker? I would love for users to be able to click on a calendar and choose date, rather than have to actually type the date in.

Barry

I’m not quite sure what you mean by a Date Ticker. Currently though if everything is working as expected they should be able to select a date without typing it in manually – here’s a screenshot showing how it ought to work (just in case you are experiencing something else).

hometownchatter
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Yeah, unfortunately it does look as though those (date picker) fields are being ‘hijacked’ by the selectbox script, which is enqueued by your theme.

We could definitely meet you half way here – this script, if added to your theme’s functions.php – can potentially get rid of that particular effect and targets only the submit events page: the catch is that you will need to figure out the name of the selectbox script handle.

For that I’d suggest going back to your theme vendor and asking, “What is the script handle used to enqueue selectbox.min.js?”

Supposing they tell you it is simply selectbox (and perhaps it is – you could certainly try that and a few other likely combinations out) then just replace the code in that snippet reading:

$handle = 'select2-handle';

With:

$handle = 'selectbox';

I hope that helps to resolve at least one of these issues 🙂

Barry

This reply is private.

hometownchatter
    Participant

Thanks for all the help and getting back to me so quickly Barry! I’ll get to working on your suggestions ASAP! I’ll keep you posted if it works! :o)

hometownchatter
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Great!

hometownchatter
    Participant

Luckily in my themes advanced settings I was able to uncheck “Use SelectBox JS library” and now the date picker is working properly! 🙂

Barry

Excellent – I’ll go ahead and close this thread since it sounds like this is all resolved.

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Date Picker?’ is closed to new replies.