Date glitch on recurrence events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Date glitch on recurrence events

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lars
    Participant

Hi,

Our event “The Liner Shipping Game” on Monday 5th of October here is a recurrence event for Tuesday 6th of October as well. But when clicking the event on 5th of October it displays here with 6th of October as it’s event date. It should of course be 5th of October.

That seems to be a bug?

Geoff

Hi there, Lars!

I see what you mean there. Clicking on the event date for 10/5 redirects to the event on 10/6 instead. In fact, I see this at play in your other recurring events as well: clicking on the first instance of a recurring event redirects to the next instance in the series.

A couple of thoughts here:

• Can you confirm what (if any) forms of caching are in use on your site right now? For example, does your hosting automatically cache your site’s content, or perhaps an installed plugin does the same?
    • What happens if you create a new recurring series that follows a different pattern? For example, a recurring event that repeats once in one week. Does it behave any differently?

And, of course, just to erase any doubts: have you tried replicating the issue when all other plugins are deactivated while activating a default WordPress theme?

Thanks!
    Geoff

Lars
    Participant

Hi

The “Test event” just created behaves as intended though it is created just as the other recurrence events.
    What to do then? We can’t really ask our client to delete all recurrence events and create them again.

Geoff

Hi Lars–thanks for following up!

Were you able to confirm my first question: what forms of caching are in use on the site right now?

Thanks!
    Geoff

Lars
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry! No cache. No cache plugins and no cache on server. Disabled in .htaccess.

Geoff

Thanks, Lars! That helps.

How about any plugins that affect SEO and/or flush rewrite rules? Does the theme include flush rewrite rules?

Also, are you able to go to Settings > Permalinks and simply click the Save button? I would like to see if flushing permalinks would help here.

Thanks!
    Geoff

P.S. I’m going to move this thread to the PRO forum since it’s more about that than Community. 🙂

Lars
    Participant

Hi,

The problem wa caused by the WordPress “Redirection” plugin By John Godley that unfortunately was set to monitor redirections itself and add these automatically.

Sorry that I missed that one.

Geoff

Rad, so glad that did the trick! I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but thanks for following up and confirming–nice work. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Date glitch on recurrence events’ is closed to new replies.