Date format for German speaking countries (and maybe European) missing

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Date format for German speaking countries (and maybe European) missing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Oliver
    Participant

Hi,

in Germany (and other German speaking countries) the date format is dd.mm.yyyy (e.g. 13.06.2017 with DOTs).
    Unfortunately this format can’t be configured in the settings of the Events Calendar (see screenshot).

It would be great if you can add the folliwing formats to the list:

dd.mm.yyyy (01.01.2017 – with leading zeros)
    d.m.yyyy (1.1.2017 – without leading zeros)

Best regards,
    Oliver

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Oliver!

Good to hear from you again! 🙂

Thanks for taking your time and suggesting this. I will make sure to pass this to the dev team so they can take it into account for a future release.

In the meantime, you could add those formats by using the ‘tribe_display_settings_tab_fields’ filter located at /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/admin-views/tribe-options-display.php

I hope that helps! Let me know if any other questions and I’d be happy to help.

Best,
    Victor

Oliver
    Participant

Sounds good! Would be great to see this option in the next release!

Where do I find a documentation about this filter? (search in the technical docs, but didn’t found something)

Regards,
    Oliver

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Oliver!

Thanks for following up!

I’ve made a future request report to add those date formats options to the datepicker. This will still have to go over review by the dev team to see if it’s possible somehow.

Having a closer look at the filter, I’ve just realised it will only be possible to take options out, but not actually create new formats, as this would also involve the need to modify the logic for those date formats in the plugins core files. So unfortunately, we currently have no options to add those date formats.

We will get in touch with you once we have an update regarding the implementation of this options.

Thanks for taking your time to let us know about this. Let us know if you have any other questions and we’d be happy to help.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Oliver!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 24 July 2017) is out, adding support for the German date format 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-24-july-2017/

As always, don’t hesitate to open a new thread if anything comes up and we’d be happy to assist.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Date format for German speaking countries (and maybe European) missing’ is closed to new replies.