Date filters not working in backend

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Date filters not working in backend

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dennis Freeze
    Participant

After the 3.11 update, the Start and End Date filters don’t work in the backend — they always return an empty list. The client has several hundred events, so it should find something….

Is this a known problem?

I can’t disable stuff during the day — too many people on the site.

George
    Participant

Hey @dff4kozt,

Sorry you’re having issues here! Just to be clear, are you talking about using the Start Date and End Date filters that are provided by Advanced Post Manager? (screenshot → https://cloudup.com/cdz7ISC6YRg)

Or do you mean the column headers on the far-right side of the columns in the admin table, that allow you to “sort” by Start Date or End Date? (screenshot → https://cloudup.com/cpWxcKoP_Eg)

Just want to be certain I know what you’re describing – thank you! 🙂

— George

Dennis Freeze
    Participant

George,

I’m talking about the filters from the Advanced Post Manager….

Thanks,
    Dennis

George
    Participant

Thanks Dennis,

I’m curious: would you be able to see if any errors pop up on your site if you head to your site’s wp-config.php file and change this line of code:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

to this:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

That will display PHP errors if any exist, which might be quite useful here if you make this file change, then head back to your admin and try to filter by dates.

If any errors pop up, copy and paste them into Gists at http://gist.github.com – then share a link to those Gists. We’ll look through the errors and see if we can learn more here.

Thank you!
    George

Dennis Freeze
    Participant

OK, this definitely signals an error…. If you decide it may be coming from a plugin conflict, I’ll have to plan the whole turn-off-all-plugins-and-add-back-1-at-a-time thing…. Most of the site’s traffic is between 8am-8pm, so I need to wait until later to do this kind of stuff. Hopefully, it won’t come to that.

[30-Jul-2015 19:58:23 UTC] WordPress database error Unknown column ‘eventStart.meta_value’ in ‘where clause’ for query SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT kz_posts.*, tribe_event_start_date.meta_value as EventStartDate, tribe_event_end_date.meta_value as EventEndDate FROM kz_posts LEFT JOIN kz_postmeta as tribe_event_end_date ON ( kz_posts.ID = tribe_event_end_date.post_id AND tribe_event_end_date.meta_key = ‘_EventEndDate’ ) LEFT JOIN kz_postmeta AS tribe_event_start_date ON kz_posts.ID = tribe_event_start_date.post_id AND tribe_event_start_date.meta_key = ‘_EventStartDate’ WHERE 1=1 AND kz_posts.post_type = ‘tribe_events’ AND (kz_posts.post_status = ‘publish’ OR kz_posts.post_status = ‘future’ OR kz_posts.post_status = ‘draft’ OR kz_posts.post_status = ‘pending’ OR kz_posts.post_status = ‘private’) AND eventStart.meta_value >= ‘2015-07-27 02:00:00’ ORDER BY tribe_event_start_date.meta_value DESC, tribe_event_end_date.meta_value DESC LIMIT 0, 250 made by WP_Posts_List_Table->prepare_items, wp_edit_posts_query, wp, WP->main, WP->query_posts, WP_Query->query, WP_Query->get_posts

George
    Participant

Thank you for testing that @dff4kozt!

I’m really sorry that you’ve been having trouble with this – I think for now, you do not need to worry about the plugin-deactivation tests. I will take this error to our dev team and see what we can find here, there may be a bug and if so we can fix that then issue a proper bug fix here.

Thank you for your patience!

George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Date filters not working in backend’ is closed to new replies.