Date Changes After WordPress Time Updates

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Date Changes After WordPress Time Updates

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Barry
    Participant

The problem is that all of our event dates changed to one day earlier than we originally posted them.

We did two things that could have possibly cause this:

1. We adjusted our WordPress clock to Chicago Time from its default.
    2. We changed our week start date from Monday to Sunday.

The shift in dates happened around the same time we made these changes. We tried to update the time settings in the Events Plugin but this didn’t help.

We don’t want to have to adjust all our dates for every event. Please advise.

Stephen Page
    Keymaster

Hey Barry,

Thanks for using The Events Calendar PRO!

I’m sorry you’re having this issue, and I agree – you don’t want to have to edit all your event dates!

I’ve tried to reproduce this and haven’t been able to yet. Before I dig in more I’d like to ask if you’ve triedĀ changing the Timezone and week start back to see if they reset to the correct dates? If they do then you’ve potentially discovered a bug, if not it may be something else that changed the dates.

If you could do that and let me know what happens, it would make it easier for me to help you figure out what’s going on.

Thanks!

Stephen

Barry
    Participant

I changed our dates from Chicago back to UTC and now our events are viewing on the correct date. The problem is, now our website clock is off. We also tried re-entering the events with it set to Chicago time and the events viewed on the wrong day. Let us know what we should do

Stephen Page
    Keymaster

Hey Barry!

There are two other things to check:

There is a general setting atĀ Events > Settings > General tab > Timezone (at the bottom of the page) that is for all events (sounds like this might be the issue)

If that doesn’t work, make sure the individual events have the correct timezone set:

Hope that fixes things for you!

Cheers,

Stephen

Stephen Page
    Keymaster

Hey Barry,

Also thought I should mention:

If you have a _lot_ of events that need changing, it may be easier to export them and re-import them as csv since the csv imports use the site timezone. If you need to do this let me know and I can give you more info on how to go about it.

Cheers,

Stephen

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Date Changes After WordPress Time Updates’ is closed to new replies.