Date and time of event – formatting

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Date and time of event – formatting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Glenn
    Participant

Hi,

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 8.21.09 PM

I’m not a fan of the formatting of the checkboxes for the weekly frequency. Tuesdays box is closer to Wednesday than Tuesdays.

Also – The date formats are messed up for date picker. In settings I have d/m/Y (for both “with” and “without” year) and date picker cannot be changed and shows 01/15/2015.

Also – the starting and ending date/time… I don’t like it. πŸ™‚ I’m always messing it up. I don’t have events that start on one date and end on another (I understand some people might – but this is all about me). I don’t know how it could look better – I just don’t think it is intuitive enough (for me). Food for thought…

(One last thing – can we add “Add Venue” to the events dropdown in the top bar?)

George
    Participant

Hey Glenn,

To address your comments in reverse-order, if you mean the admin toolbar then you will not be able to add an “Add Venue” link to the admin toolbar without custom code. We do not help with custom code here, which is an important note for this question and also for some of your other comments.

For example, you mention the formatting of checkboxes in the recurrence panel – to edit this, you would have to edit core admin CSS πŸ™

As for the datepicker, I’m sorry to hear that the format isn’t updating. In general it should be, so I while investigate this; if there’s a bug here, I’ll log it and in a coming release we can patch that.

Thanks for your other bits of feedback! The end date and time is something that will not be removed any time soon – you mention that your events don’t start on one date and end another, but they still do have an end date and there is no way to easily go about changing the plugin code to automatically assume that any event is just a one-day event at this time.

Thank you!
    George

Glenn
    Participant

Sometimes I think the “This is custom code” is used too freely.

Adding the link to the tool bar would be a nice to have and maybe you should put it on the list for possible inclusions for the next update.

Checkboxes being too close to the wrong items IS something that should be looked at.

Date showing wrong format – I’m glad I wasn’t told to change the way I view dates! πŸ˜›

The start/end date thing was just a heads up from another set of eyes. When I enter an event that goes for a week I am more often than not entering the end date there (because I don’t live and breathe The Events Calendar) this is what I see as the end date. I just feel that the entry here is clumsy – but it might be something I have to live with – or maybe lots of other experience the same thing.

Regards,

Glenn.

Glenn
    Participant

I discovered that on the settings page I can’t seem to click into the fields in *most* sections unless it is the first field.

I can then tab into other fields and change (or in the case or a dropdown press the “Down Arrow” to activate the options.)

This fixed up the issue with the dates (although access to the field is still an issue).

Glenn.

George
    Participant

Thank you for your input and for updating this thread with your resolution, @Glenn. I will close up this thread for now but wish you the best of luck with your site!

George

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Date and time of event – formatting’ is closed to new replies.