Database connection failing

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Database connection failing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Leslie
    Participant

I am continually getting a “Connection lost. Saving has been disabled until you’re reconnected. We’re backing up this post in your browser, just in case.” error message and i get this message from Jetpack

Hi leslieabrams,
    http://helderberg.biz/Eventica did not load when we checked, on Friday, June 23, 6:11 am.
    Your site is responding intermittently, or extremely slowly. This can indicate an overloaded, under-powered, or misconfigured server. Your site is probably loading for some users, but not for everyone.
    If you continue seeing downtime, you should get in touch with your hosting provider for help. You will receive another alert when your site is online again.
    Read more about Monitor.

Can someone please help

Barry

I’m sorry to hear that, Leslie. To better help you I’d love to gather some more information:

• Approximately how many events do you currently have in total?
    • How many of those have expired/are in the past (and might you consider cleaning them up)?
    • Approximately how many blog posts/pages do you currently have in total?
    • Can you tell me who your web host is and what sort of hosting plan you are currently using?

It certainly seems odd that when editing events you are losing the connection. Is it possible that is a local internet connectivity problem? If not, have you approached your web host to try and determine what’s going wrong from their perspective?

Thanks!

Leslie
    Participant

Hi Barry,

When the problem started I had over 1500 events. I approached my host
    provider, Hostmonster (Pro Web Hosting with a dedicated IP), about the
    problem and they said my sql database needed optimising on the images. So
    deleted all events up to the end of 2016. I then went through the images and
    removed all unattached images. I then added an optimiser plugin to my site
    and did all the optimisation tasks.

I currently have about 350 events. The system was working fine even when I
    had 1500 events until recently.

I have approached Hostmonster and they say it’s not a problem on their side.

Many thanks.

Barry

Do these problems only happen when you edit events? If you (temporarily) deactivate our plugins, are the problems resolved elsewhere such as when working with regular WordPress posts and pages?

This can indicate an overloaded, under-powered, or misconfigured server.

This advice could be accurate: perhaps the hosting package you are currently using is underpowered or there is a more suitable alternative that your host can provide?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Database connection failing’ is closed to new replies.