Data from only single ticket field set retained when purchasing multiple tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Data from only single ticket field set retained when purchasing multiple tickets

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Preethi Nagarajan
    Participant

Hi there,

We’ve encountered a significant issue with Event Tickets Plus that’s causing us a bit of a headache.

Currently we’re using a range of your plugins to achieve purchasable tickets which each have user entered data associated with that ticket.

Some added functionality we’re looking to achieve is displaying ticket data under each ticket name on the cart page, on the invoice emails and eventually on the order object in the WooCommerce Orders section.

Field set data for all tickets purchased is carried through the cart, checkout and stored in successfully if a user selects their ticket quantity, inputs the fieldset data then either navigates to add other tickets or, goes to the cart etc.

The main issue we’re encountering is when a user selects their ticket quantity, enters the data for the fieldsets, goes through to where ever then later, and before completing the purchase, they go back and select the same ticket on the same event, enter the fieldsets again and try to add another of those tickets to the cart. The cart will reflect the total number of tickets selected overall however, the fieldset data entered the second time around overrides the fieldset data entered the first time around. Instead of fieldset data being added to the _tribe_tickets_meta entry in the order meta data, it overwrites it. The end result, for example, is the ticket fieldset will state a single set of fieldset data showing as associated the ticket while the total number of tickets being theoretically infinite.

A subsidiary issue we’ve encountered is that on the cart page, for any ticket that has associated fieldset data, when refreshing the page via either shortcut keys (ctrl + r, ctrl + f5), right click menu > reload via either clicking the page or browser tab or, clicking the reload button, the ticket quantity is increased by 1 for each refresh made.
    This does not happen for tickets without those fieldsets added and interestingly, the quantity increments do not occur if the page is reloaded via the address bar and as such, will not increment after the $_POST data has been lost.

To ensure this broken functionality is not theme or plugin specific we’ve deactivated all plugins not relevant and also are running theme Twenty Fourteen as requested.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Preethi Nagarajan. Reason: Slight gramatical errors made before submitting originally
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Preethi,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums! I’d be happy to help you out with fixing the issues.

As for the first issue where ticket meta data is overwritten when a new ticket of the same time is added to the cart: we are aware of this and one of our developers is already looking into the issue. This is a rather complicated one, so it might take some time. We are aware that this is affecting a lot of users, so we’re trying to get this solved as soon as possible. I ask for your patience.

when refreshing the page […] the ticket quantity is increased by 1 for each refresh made.

I have checked this with my test site. This only happens for me right after I’m taken to the cart. When I hit refresh then I also see a pop message from the browser whether I want to resend the data again. If I hit ‘Cancel’ nothing happens. If I hit ‘Resend’ then the number of tickets (and the total amount) does get updated.

However if I navigate away, then go back to the cart and hit refresh, then this doesn’t happen any more.

This is normal browser behavior, but I will check with the team if that is something we will address in a future update.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Preethi,

Just wanted to get back to you to give you update on the issues.

I’m sorry about the thread being closed. If there is no movement for 3 weeks then the threads do get closed automatically. We got a bit overloaded in the forums and didn’t manage to get back to you in time. Apologies.

A fix for the issue where ticket meta data is overwritten has been shipped recently. Can you please check and let me know if that works fine on your site already? Thanks!

The other issue with tickets doubling on a cart page refresh is waiting for a developer to be assigned to, so that is still pending at the moment.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.

I’d be happy if you could let me know if the first issue is resolved for you or not.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release —> https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-25-march-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Data from only single ticket field set retained when purchasing multiple tickets’ is closed to new replies.