data-day=”1″ Error when no future events are scheduled for the current month

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO data-day=”1″ Error when no future events are scheduled for the current month

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    pdelite
    Participant

Hello, we are seeing an error that displays when there are no events scheduled for the current month. Here is what the error looks like: http://goo.gl/yC2L9s

Future months that have events display okay as far as the calendar, but when this happens it seems like it ‘breaks’ the The Events Calendar Category Colors plugin. We can resolve all of this by adding an event in the current month, deactivating and reactivating the category colors plugin.

It looks like events are being deleted automatically once they pass. Is there a way to keep events, but make theme grayed out so this doesn’t happen? How can we fix this ASAP?

Barry

Hi: I’m sorry you’re experiencing problems here.

Before we go any further though can you confirm if this is still an issue if you deactivate all other plugins except for The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO and additionally switch to a default, unmodified theme (Twenty Thirteen is a great choice for this)?

Assuming that resolves the issue, try reactivating everything and check at each stage to see if the problem has returned: that way we might be able to zero in on the cause of the problem – if it does indeed stem from a conflict.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

pdelite
    Participant

I deactivated all the plugins and the issue still remained. When I switched to the Twenty Thirteen theme, I no longer saw the issue.

pdelite
    Participant

How can we resolve this issue?

Barry

It looks like you’ve passed into a month with lots of events so hopefully it will no longer be a problem on a practical level.

Sometimes these issues can crop up if you have template overrides (particularly relating to month view). So if that is the case and you have a tribe-events directory within your theme directory it might be worth revising what’s in there.

Beyond that I’m not sure how much we’re going to be able to do here – can you confirm if this is a custom theme?

pdelite
    Participant

Hi Barry, the issue is still happening, but in order to see the problem, you need to switch over to April and refresh your browser. If you don’t do that, the calendar doesn’t display the events as past events so it displays fine. This is the Inspired theme and we don’t have template overrides in place. Not sure where to go from here.

Barry

If I navigate back to April and refresh – or take that same URL and navigate there directly – I’m afraid I do not see the issue.

pdelite
    Participant

Hi Barry, we’ve finally resolved the issue. Just thought I would post the problem here in case others have the same issue.

It looks like this was due to a licensing issue where the license was registered under a temporary IP where we were building the site. An update was available for the events calendar and we weren’t able to see the update under plugins. So I detached the license on the tri.be site, and added the license back in on the site to attach to the correct domain.

Then I updated to the latest version of the calendar and the issue with recurring events not displaying consistently, events being deleted after they expired and the calendar showing errors on past months has resolved.

So this was either due to some bugs in the last version of the plugin that were resolved with this latest update or it was some kind of issue related to the license not being attributed to the correct domain name.

pdelite
    Participant

Yes, it looks like our posts crossed. You viewed the site AFTER we installed the update. Prior to that, the calendar had the errors discussed above.

Barry

That explains it then – glad you figured things out 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘data-day=”1″ Error when no future events are scheduled for the current month’ is closed to new replies.