Customizing Tooltip Behavior on Monthly Gridview

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Customizing Tooltip Behavior on Monthly Gridview

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ckangell
    Participant

I’d like to customize some behaviors of the Month Grid View. Primarily I don’t want the user to be directed to an event page when they click on an event. Instead I want the tooltip to display onclick.

So Two things:
    1.) Prevent user from being directed to events page when they click on an event.
    2.) Display the tooltip onclick rather than on mouseenter

Any suggestions?

Barry

Hi ckangell.

That all sounds achievable: your first port of call should be our Themer’s Guide which explains much of the basics.

Prevent user from being directed to events page when they click on

The events are linked to from within the month/single-event.php template … you could simply strip out the <a> link elements that surround the event title.

Display the tooltip onclick rather than on mouseenter

So you’d need to write some custom JS to do this, either building on and working around the existing code or else you could, potentially, dequeue our own Javascript first (however you would lose other client-side behaviours in the process).

Barry

It’s been a while without any follow-up so I’m going to assume we’re all good and will close this thread. Of course if you do still require further support please don’t hesitate to create a new thread or threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Customizing Tooltip Behavior on Monthly Gridview’ is closed to new replies.