Customizing the single event view?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Customizing the single event view?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    adam
    Participant

Hi, Id like to do some customizing for the single event view. Im looking to massage the metadata. Specifically:
    I want to combine the two boxes into one row.
    I would like to add a form to contact the event organizer, instead of the email link.

Is there somewhere that I can edit this stuff?

Thanks,

Barry

Yes: at a high level, you can use the tribe_events_single_event_meta filter which gives you access to the final chunk of HTML used to display the meta data – which you can then change at will.

Finely grained access to individual components is also possible via the tribe_get_meta filter (callbacks can optionally receive the meta ID to help identify which piece of meta data exactly they are looking at, in addition to the HTML segment) and similarly so for tribe_get_meta_group – which relates to a group of meta fields, such as the “Details” or “Venue” sections.

We also have some information about the meta walker, which puts this all together, over in our tutorials section:

Tribe Meta Walker: An Overview

Last but not least, if you really want to build a custom look and feel you could simply strip out the single-event.php template’s call to tribe_events_single_event_meta() and build things up exactly how you would like them to appear with your own code (which of course can leverage our own template tags).

I hope that gives you a few ideas!

adam
    Participant

How do I echo any of these tags?

Im trying

but this doesn’t work

Barry

Apologies first of all for not seeing your reply – unfortunately a migration to a set of new support tools led to some threads like this one being stranded 🙁

To turn back to your original problem, I think regrettably you need more support than we can realistically offer  – but we could certainly provide you with a list of independent devs and freelancers whom you could contact for additional assistance?

Barry

I’ll go ahead and close this one out as it’s been a while without further activity.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Customizing the single event view?’ is closed to new replies.