Customizing the message after submission

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Customizing the message after submission

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Any way to customize the text that is displayed after a Community Event submission?

Leah

Hey Chris,

Sorry we didn’t get back to you sooner. Right off the bat I don’t see a way to do that, but let me check with someone who knows the plugin a little better. If it’s not possible, I’ll be sure to add it to the requested features list.

Thanks for your patience,
    Leah

Barry

Hi Chris.

Unfortunately it doesn’t look to me like this particular aspect of Community Events is really geared up for customization, though it is of course possible to localize the various messages that are displayed for different languages and geographies – so that is one approach you could use, if you are familiar with everything that is involved there.

Alternatively, I did knock together some code that might help you here – http://pastebin.com/N2G1s2vu – it basically just swaps out “Event submitted” with a message of your choice.

If you need to do something more extensive then there are various other possibilities too, but more in-depth customization is likely to be beyond the scope of what Leah and I can offer you.

I can certainly see some real merit in making it easier to customize this and I believe changes are afoot to make theming and front-end customizations in general a whole lot easier – nonetheless I’ll make a note on our issue tracker that this would be one area in particular that could do with some improvement.

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Chris
    Participant

That code would be perfect… where do I drop it in? Thanks in advance. I really appreciate the thorough and quick response. TRIBE ROCKS!!

Barry

Hey Chris – you should be able to drop that into your theme’s functions.php file and you’ll be good to go.

If you have any problems though just remove it temporarily, let me know and I’ll see if I can figure things out with you (I might not be online again before Monday though).

Have a good weekend 🙂

Chris
    Participant

That really seems like the right approach. Unfortunately it gave me an error of :

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ……./functions.php on line 4849
    which seems to be this line:
    foreach ($messages as &$message)

thanks for all of the help. c

Barry

Difficult to say really without seeing it in the context of your theme’s functions.php file. Did you copy and paste it into place or type it by hand? Perhaps you could make your functions.php file available via Pastebin and I could take a look.

Barry

Actually, maybe the typo was mine. Try this amended version: http://pastebin.com/dhhdc7TW

Casey
    Participant

Chris,
    Did Barry’s latest code fix your issue? If so, just let us know and I’ll close out this thread. Thanks!

Chris
    Participant

I never saw his follow up. I’ll test it right away and let you know.

Chris
    Participant

Still not working and giving me the t-string error. causes big problems when I plug in the code.

Barry

Sorry to hear that Chris, certainly works for me without any problems. Perhaps you could post your theme functions file (if that’s where you inserted the code) using a service like Pastebin or Gist, it’s impossible to help without seeing how the code has been used.

If you could do that and also quote the error in its entirety (since it ought to include a line number which may be relevant) that would be great 🙂

Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Chris,
    Did you see Barry’s follow up response? If you could get him the information he needs, we’ll try to get this working for you. Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Chris,
    I’m closing this thread out since we haven’t heard back from you. If you’re still having issues, please start a new thread. Thanks!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Customizing the message after submission’ is closed to new replies.