Customizing Plugin and still using the CSV upload

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Customizing Plugin and still using the CSV upload

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sdmovies
    Participant

I just purchased this PRO version because of the CSV file upload component. I downloaded your Events example. We want to add several additional fields we would like to include in the CSV file. For example “dogs allowed.” Please see the attached CSV and advice if this possible.

Thank you!
    Tennille

Patricia

Hey Tennille,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

The feature to import events from a CSV file is part of The Events Calendar and the PRO version allows you to add custom Additional Fields: Each field you add will appear in the CSV Importer as an available field to be imported. The name of the field will be the Label you typed in when you added it.

For more information on using custom fields with your CSV files, please check out the following section of our CSV documentation:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/csv-files-options-and-examples/#additional-fields

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

sdmovies
    Participant

Hi Patricia,
    Sorry that didn’t really help me much. I had read that page you sent and I’m still not sure what I would do. Can you look at the csv file I sent. For example – dogs allowed – based on what we have in our system and on the csv file what would you recommend that answer field say. I tried False/True and that didn’t work.
    Would it be Yes or No or “dogs allowed”?

Thank you,
    Tennille

sdmovies
    Participant

Just to follow up again. I did upload those fields on this page http://moviesinpark.wpengine.com/moviecalendar/e-t-the-extra-terrestrial-2/ (http://moviesinpark.wpengine.com/moviecalendar/e-t-the-extra-terrestrial-2)

But it shows in the dashboard but not on the page. Please see attached.

Thank you!

sdmovies
    Participant

Can you please respond? We do need to try and get this resolved or I will have to find a different plugin solution.

Thank you!

Patricia

Hi Tennille!

I hope you’re having a good week/day. Firstly, I’d like to apologize for the delay in response. Thank you for your patience all this while! It’s been really busy in the forums lately, and we’re doing our best to adhere to our Scope of Support / Terms for you and everyone else.

Answering to your question, it is possible to achieve what you want by following these steps:

1- Create the necessary custom fields: Please access your Dashboard and head over to Events > Settings > Additional Fields and create the custom fields you want (screenshot here);
    2- Head over to Events > Import > CSV File and import your events. Don’t forget to set the column name (replace the default “Do Not Import” value with the corresponding Custom Field name. Screenshot here);
    3- Now you can import events with all necessary custom fields in place! Here’s an example on how the custom fields will be displayed in the front end of your site.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Customizing Plugin and still using the CSV upload’ is closed to new replies.