Customizing Event Calendar Pro

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Customizing Event Calendar Pro

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    William Huff

Hello,

My client website is http://www.tspoons.com, the page in question is http://www.tspoons.com/calendar-of-classes.

We are currently using the Time.ly plugin, styled as you see on the above calendar page; with Event Calendar Pro, can we customize/style the calendar to look like what we already have?

Also, for days that have multiple events on the same day, is there a way to change the font color or background color for the 2nd and 3rd events of the day?

Also, does Event Tickets Plus have inventory control? We currently sell 16 seats per class and need it to cut off at 16 so we don’t oversell.

Interested in the premium plugin, along with event tickets plus for inventory control to the classes.

Thanks.

Geoff B.

Good evening William and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

with Event Calendar Pro, can we customize/style the calendar to look like what we already have?

Good news! You can style our plugins to your exact requirements.
    Not only the Events Calendar Pro, but the Events Calendar (free) as well.

In order to gain full power on your site’s look and feel, I would highly recommend reading the following articles:

You can even customize each view’s content. You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

With that in mind, a lot of users coming from time.ly really like the look of our calendar, they simply adjust the colours. But I guess that is a matter of personal preference.

Also, for days that have multiple events on the same day, is there a way to change the font color or background color for the 2nd and 3rd events of the day?

You could achieve that using CSS or by adding categories to these events and using something like http://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar-category-colors/

In this example you could use categories for 1st, 2nd and 3rd events of the day.

Also, does Event Tickets Plus have inventory control? We currently sell 16 seats per class and need it to cut off at 16 so we don’t oversell.

Absolutely. This is because Event Tickets Plus lets WooCommerce handle all of the transactional aspect of things. In other words, you get all of WooCommerce’s power at your disposal.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

William Huff

Hey there,

Thank you for the response. To follow up further, how do payments get processed once someone registers via Events Calendar Pro and Events Tickets Plus – the simple interface in WooCommerce?

Thanks.

WH

Geoff B.

Good evening William,

Thank you for writing back.

how do payments get processed once someone registers via Events Calendar Pro and Events Tickets Plus – the simple interface in WooCommerce?

Exactly, Event Tickets Plus adds “Add to cart” buttons to Events pages.
    From there onwards, everything is handled exactly in the same way as with any other product in WooCommerce.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

William Huff

Hi Geoff,

Another question regarding the refund policy (30 day) and the “single site” license…

I am going to need to buy the suite of plugins to set them up on a test site; if they all work together, I am going to need to reinstall on the client site, as I can’t clone or “move over” the test site – I will have to install and set up on client site after testing.

Does that mean I am going to have to buy multiple install license, or can I use the single site? I don’t want to have to buy it twice when the first time I am buying to see if it will all work together. (Hope that makes sense:)

Thanks.

WH

Geoff B.

Good afternoon William,

Does that mean I am going to have to buy multiple install license, or can I use the single site? I don’t want to have to buy it twice when the first time I am buying to see if it will all work together. (Hope that makes sense:)

Unless you really want to, you do not need to buy multiple licenses to run things on a test site.
    You can read all about that here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-one-license-live-dev-sites/

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

William Huff

Hello Geoff,

So if I DO NOT have a .dev site, and I have to delete the license key from whatever staging site I use, then reinstall on the new live site – what happens to all the work/events/everything we created and tested on the development site when we delete the license key? Does all our work disappear?

Please walk me through the process of how I am going to migrate from the developmental site to the live site. Here is what we normally do:

1. Create and test the site on a subdomain – like test.site.com. All plugins are activated and installed here, we get everything running to make sure we are good to go.

2. From there, we clone the test site, get the copy, go over to the regular hosting server, login to WordPress, unpack the clone and TA-DAH! We are up and running…

Are you saying we would still follow that same procedure, but we would have to go into the old test site, delete the licenses, then go back into the new site and reinstall/assign the licenses? Would we lose any of our hard work?

Please advise. Thanks.

WH

Geoff B.

Good evening William,

what happens to all the work/events/everything we created and tested on the development site when we delete the license key? Does all our work disappear?

Everything on the development site will continue to work perfectly. You just will not be able to update the plugin on the development site until you move your license back to it.

Are you saying we would still follow that same procedure, but we would have to go into the old test site, delete the licenses, then go back into the new site and reinstall/assign the licenses?

To answer your question, yes you will need to disconnect your license from the dev site and connect it to the live site. However you will not loose any of your awesome work as per your previous question.

Another great article on how that works is the following: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-your-license-keys/

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Customizing Event Calendar Pro’ is closed to new replies.