Customizing Community Events Venue From Select Dropdown To Simple Input Field

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Customizing Community Events Venue From Select Dropdown To Simple Input Field

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stephenschildbach
    Participant

My customization is actually a request to simplify the Venue drop down in the Community Events form to simply be a form field. At the moment community > modules > venue.php contains code calling a select dropdown.

<?php
    		tribe_community_events_venue_select_menu( $event );

// The venue meta box will render everything within a <tbody>
    		$metabox = new Tribe__Events__Linked_Posts__Chooser_Meta_Box( $event, Tribe__Events__Venue::POSTTYPE );
    		$metabox->render();
    		?>

In place of this code, what code would I use to make the Venue a simple form field that can be sent to the calendar event in the same way the above code does. My reason is the client says the users are getting confused when they see all the options.

Cliff

Hi. The Venue and Organizer fields aren’t easily converted to a regular drop-down because it functions as both a “create new” or “select existing”.

I don’t foresee this changing anytime because it was an architectural change to the code.

You might still be able to pull this off via custom code, which we wouldn’t be able to provide, per our Scope of Support / Terms. If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Another thought is to submit a new request to our feature request forum to improve the UI/UX of these field types.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Customizing Community Events Venue From Select Dropdown To Simple Input Field’ is closed to new replies.