Customizing and Editing email.php to Disable QR Code

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Customizing and Editing email.php to Disable QR Code

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paula
    Participant

I want to customize the email received by the client when he/she makes a ticket purchase. This includes changing some words and removing the QR code. I’ve read this thread in relation to my customization requirements: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/getting-started/#post-1172675.

Instead of doing what that forum says, I created a copy of email.php and I’ll be placing it on theme-name/tickets/email.php. Is it okay to remove this line instead:

<?php do_action( 'tribe_tickets_ticket_email_ticket_bottom', $ticket ); ?>

I also added this line:

<table class="whiteSpace" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
    <tr>
    <td valign="top" align="left" width="100%" style="background:#ffffff; padding: 20px !important; margin:0 !important;">
    <div style="margin:0;">

Please remember to print out this registration and bring it along on the date you have chosen to collect your Registration pack.

</div>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

Is this correct instead of doing what the old thread says?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Paula!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! 🙂

Let me help you with that.

I created a copy of email.php and I’ll be placing it on theme-name/tickets/email.php. Is it okay to remove this line instead

You can remove that line of code, but bear in mind this is an action hook, which is not only used to output the QR code but might also be used to perform other actions. So I don’t really recommend removing that line.

Also, be aware of the root you are placing the template in. It should be [your-theme]/tribe-events/tickets/email.php. As a reference, you should take a look at our themer’s guide here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have other questions and I’d be happy to help 🙂

Cheers!
    Victor

Paula
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Thank you so much for the assistance and reminder.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Paula!

I’m happy to help here! Thanks for following up to let us know.

I’ll close this now but don’t hesitate to open a new one if anything comes up.

Cheers! 🙂
    Victor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Customizing and Editing email.php to Disable QR Code’ is closed to new replies.