Customize template / Events Bar?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Customize template / Events Bar?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to customize our template on the View page (we’re currently using Map view, but this goes for any view I suppose) where I’ve been asked to make the search bar 50% width and have it appear on the right side of the page, and adding some text content to the left of it. (I will attach an image privately to explain what I mean).

As is I can style to achieve the desired 50% width and float right, but can’t seem to find the place in the templates where the search bar is being added, so I can, say, wrap it in a div tag or something and then insert a nested div within to float left and set the search bar to float alongside.

Thanks. Any help appreciated.
    Dave

David
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

David
    Participant

I’m not asking for assistance with customization, I’m going to do the customization.

Can you at least tell me where in the template/s or how the search bar is being output onto the page?

George
    Participant

Hi David,

The Events Calendar’s search bar is located in this file within The Events Calendar:

the-events-calendar/src/views/modules/bar.php

It’s being output in other calendar views by way of this specific function call:

tribe_get_template_part( 'modules/bar' )

☝️ So if you want to see how and where this is being output onto a specific page, you can search inside your The Events Calendar files for instances of tribe_get_template_part( 'modules/bar' ) — where an instance of this exists, the Tribe Bar (which contains the search bar) is being output onto a page.

For further insight into this, check out our Themer’s Guide here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Customize template / Events Bar?’ is closed to new replies.