Customize Submit Event form fields, thank you email notice

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Customize Submit Event form fields, thank you email notice

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    kellymarie2001
    Participant

Hi there,
    Ideally, I would like to customize the Submit Event form to include a yes/no radial question, an html link and only have that shown on the back end (not necessary to be part of the event information). But that seems to be quite an endeavor from the other forums, so I have a couple of other options I’m trying to figure out:

1) Customizing the Thank You text that appears after the event is submitted to include a small amount of text and a link/button.
    2) Auto email confirmation sent to the user submitting the event that includes some information/text and links we need to relay.

Are these things possible?

Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

kellymarie2001,
    Thanks for getting in touch! If you have Events Calendar PRO, it’s actually quite easy to add additional fields to the Community Event Submission form, since any custom fields you create with PRO will automatically display on the form (screenshot #1 screenshot #2).

Now, regarding your questions above:

1) Customizing the Thank You text that appears after the event is submitted to include a small amount of text and a link/button.

You should be able to customize this message, by pasting the following snippet into your theme’s functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/8aa1390da48520f88149 You’ll want to customize the message text to display what you’d like, but that should hopefully work for you.

2) Auto email confirmation sent to the user submitting the event that includes some information/text and links we need to relay.

User email notifications are not currently a feature of the Community add-on (only admin notifications are currently supported), but this is a great idea! I would suggest submitting it as an idea on our UserVoice page. Our team periodically reviews the most popular ideas for possible inclusion in a future release of the plugin.

Hopefully my responses above help to answer your questions, but let me know if I can assist further. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

kellymarie2001
    Participant

Unfortunately I do not have The Event Calendar Pro version, just the regular version with the Community Events add-on. But my workaround could be that thank you message if I could customize that thank you message, but after adding it to my functions.php file I see this at the top of my site and in the dashboard:
    add_filter(‘tribe_community_events_form_errors’, ‘customize_thank_you_message’, 10, 2); function customize_thank_you_message( $messages ) { if ( is_array( $messages ) ) { foreach ( $messages as $key => $message ) { if( $message[‘type’] === ‘updated’ ) { $messages[$key][‘message’] = ‘Thanks for submitting your event! You can add other helpful information or HTML here also.’; } } } return $messages; }

Casey
    Participant

kellymarie2001,
    Make sure you’re including the code snippet within the PHP opening and closing tags (<?php ?>) and let me know if that fixes the issue. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

kellymarie2001
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

Hmmmm, that’s strange, as the code snippet works perfectly in my test environment (screenshot). Could you copy/paste the entire contents of your theme’s functions.php file into a site like pastebin, and then share the link here, so I can investigate further? Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

kellymarie2001
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

Everything seems to be in order with your code there.  Could you try moving that code block to the top of the file, right below the ‘<?php’ opening tag and see if that fixes it? If not, could you try temporarily reverting to the default 2013 theme, and add the code to that theme’s functions.php file to see if this issue persists? It’s possible that this is an issue with your theme, but just want to narrow it down a bit before troubleshooting further.

Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Everything seems to be in order with your code there.  Could you try moving that code block to the top of the file, right below the ‘<?php’ opening tag and see if that fixes it? If not, could you try temporarily reverting to the default 2013 theme, and add the code to that theme’s functions.php file to see if this issue persists? It’s possible that this is an issue with your theme, but just want to narrow it down a bit before troubleshooting further.

Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

kellymarie2001
    Participant

Still not showing 🙁
    Is it an issue that this is a multi site?

Casey
    Participant

That’s possible. Did you include this code in your parent theme or child theme (if you have one)?

kellymarie2001
    Participant

Casey! How did you know! I missed that step. It works fine with the 2013 theme.
    Question then is… how to get it working with my current theme, or is there a workaround? Just to reiterate, the goal for this is to some how communicate a message to the individual submitting the event that they then need to go pay for the listing on our calendar. We already have the payment system/page set up. Can I change the redirect URL after the submission maybe?

Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Try using this code snippet in your theme’s functions.php to redirect to a different URL after a submission: https://gist.github.com/jbrinley/6693934

Let me know if that works for you! Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

kellymarie2001
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

Sorry for not being a bit clearer on that, you could just change that line to this:

wp_safe_redirect( 'http://labeerweek.com/2014/product/venue-events/' );

Give that try and see if it works. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Customize Submit Event form fields, thank you email notice’ is closed to new replies.