customize login page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events customize login page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Carlos
    Participant

I’ve been playing with what I thought to be the correct CSS for the login page but nothing happens. Looking to dosimple thing such as increase font size, change colors, etc. Can someone direct me to the proper Divs for the login page…Im spinning my wheels.

Thanks as always!
    C

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Carlos,

The login form for community events has an id of #loginform and you can target it specifically on the page using the .tribe_community_list or .tribe_community_edit body classes. I hope that helps!

– Jonah

Carlos
    Participant

I found a few entries in the .CSS file for the plugin for #loginform. However if I add CSS to any of these to change the color of the text or some other font change, nothing appears to happen. Really at the least I just need to make the register hyperlink larger onthe login page as its barely noticeable. any additional direction would be really appreciated.
    Cheers,
    C

Rob

Alright Carlos, thanks for confirming. While we obviously cannot provide specific guidance on customization, I’ve passed this back to Jonah to see what else he may be able to offer up here that can point you in the right direction. Stay tuned and thanks for your support so far.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Carlos,

What’s the CSS you’re working with? You might need to apply a higher specificity in order to get the CSS to apply or trump other CSS. Here’s an article with some more information on specificity that should help: http://coding.smashingmagazine.com/2007/07/27/css-specificity-things-you-should-know/

Cheers,
    Jonah

Carlos
    Participant

Hi guys,
    Thanks for the great article…as you know I’m mostly a noob when it comes to code so this article was actually really insightful. Needless to say though I still couldn’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. That aside, the reason I’m trying so hard to cleanup that CE login page is b/c

A. Having Comments appear on a register page looks really sloppy. Using the standard formatting of the register page, the Register hyperlink blends into the page and doesn’t stand out with a comment panel right below it. Based on the other thread you guys are working on removing this, but in the meantime I was hoping for something to make the Register link pop.

B. I would have thought that instead of sending users to the CE login page http://sustainableelements.ca/events/community/add/
    you would have opted to redirect them to this one
    http://sustainableelements.ca/wp-login.php
    which is where unregistered users who click on the ‘Register’ hyperlink end up anyway to register. Also by directing users to wp-login automatically it takes one page out of the navigation and site developers can make use of customization plugins for enabling social logins and styling customizations with relative ease.

If you can tell me how to direct CE to the wp-login page instead of the default CE login page that would be fantastic. I tried using a few different plugins to force a user to be logged in (ones that direct to wp-login) before viewing the CE page but they wouldn’t trump CEs code.

Thanks!
    C

Rob

Hey Carlos. Thanks for the follow-up; Jonah is out for a few weeks so I wanted to follow-up to help get you responses on these points.

A. You are correct that the comments aspect is in the works; that will be deployed in the next release for sure, as we are aware it is a pain point for some users. My apologies for the inconvenience in the interim.
    B. Interesting perspective – I can see your point here and have floated it to the team so we can get a discussion going there. The feedback we got on this during the beta stages suggested that people don’t want users seeing the (usually unstyled) login page. Particularly as that seemed like it’d disrupt their flow from going within the community form to the “My Events” list.

No guarantees, but if our dev Paul has any suggestions to point you in the right direction on manually changing the login…I’ll have him share them here directly.

Rob

Hi again Carlos. Just wanted to follow-up to confirm that I had Paul, from our dev team, take a look here. Unfortunately, there isn’t currently a good way of accomplishing what you’re asking. If we see enough enough user demand for this feature, we could make it possible in future versions, although it would be a non-trivial change.

I’ll keep watching for other requests and we’ll definitely take action on this if they arise. In the interim, though, it may be best to either find another solution or build something directly. Hope this helps and sorry I couldn’t offer up more.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘customize login page’ is closed to new replies.