Customize Individual Event Category Archive

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Customize Individual Event Category Archive

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Josh Fialkoff
    Participant

Hi this is stemming off of the discussion in https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/customize-individual-event-category-archive/#post-1113385.

The logic of the code works but the code appears in both the event page (/events) and the category page (/events/category) – I want the code to only appear on the (events/category/prof-learning-conf) & the (events/category/prof-learning-conf/2016) page.

Can you help with this?

George
    Participant

Hey @Josh,

We unfortunately can’t help with code customizations or modifications and such. Please read more here ? https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/what-support-is-provided-for-license-holders/

As a bit of advice, to try and help a bit, I would recommend maybe playing around with PHP’s $_GET super-global. Not familiar with this? Well, while you can Google around for more details on it, one thing it provides is often some information about the current URI.

I would recommend adding code like this just for testing and tinkering purposes:

var_dump( $_GET );

Add that somewhere in the header of your site, then go to different URLs. You should see different values returned for different pages, based on the URL.

You can hopefully then use that to selectively show things on only certain category pages and not others, etc.

Something more WordPress-specific might be to do a similar sort of checking-and-testing, but with the global WP_Query. How to do that? Well, again, throw a var_dump() into your site header to see how it works and tinker—something like this:

global $wp_query;
    print_r( $wp_query );

I hope these tips help you filter and selectively display your customizations.

Cheers!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Customize Individual Event Category Archive’ is closed to new replies.