Customize Confirmation Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Customize Confirmation Page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mattbrett
    Participant

Wondering how I can customize the confirmation page that’s displayed when an edit is created or edited? It seems to be using the /community/edit-event.php template, but I don’t see the confirmation message part anywhere.

Hi Matt,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

You can create a redirect to a different URL after event submission, using the following plugin and tutorial:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/redirect-to-different-url-after-event-submission/

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

mattbrett
    Participant

Not really, no. I’d like to provide an appropriate message (“your event has been posted” when it’s published, “your event has been edited” when it’s edited), and a direct link to go back to the event. I’d prefer to send the user to the event that’s been published/edited, and display a notice.

Right now, the “recurring event” warning is displayed on the confirmation page (which is irrelevant at this point), along with some plain text links.

Warning: You are editing a recurring event. All changes will be applied to the entire series.

Event updated. (View | Edit)

Submit another event

Hi Matt,

I’m sorry to hear that did not work for you.

You can try using the following tutorial and snippet to change the string that you are looking to change:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/change-the-wording-of-any-bit-of-text-or-string/

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

mattbrett
    Participant

Thanks, but that’s not what I’m after. Looking to vastly improve the confirmation page, not just change the text. I’m in a bit of a time crunch, so I opted for the redirect plugin and am just sending users to their events list. Will revisit this down the road.

Okay sounds good, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since you marked this thread as Resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Customize Confirmation Page’ is closed to new replies.