Customizations for Widget Box and Single Event List

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Customizations for Widget Box and Single Event List

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marvin
    Participant

I have a client that has a couple of design requests and I can’t seem to find them anywhere in the knowledge base or forum.

1. They would like to remove the boxed date on the widget Event List.

2. The would like to remove the links to Previous and Upcoming Events on the single event listing.

Both are documented in screenshots attached, and can be seen at the test site- http://ndrecpark.bebizzy.com/event/deadline-ndrpa-nominations-awards-hall-fame/

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Marvin,

Thanks for going Pro and welcome to the forums! I’d be happy to help you with your questions.

1. They would like to remove the boxed date on the widget Event List.

There are 2 solutions I can suggest.

To hide it with CSS, paste this in your theme’s style.css file:

.tribe-mini-calendar-event .list-date {
    display: none;
    }

Create a template override for this file:

wp-content\plugins\events-calendar-pro\src\views\pro\widgets\modules\single-event.php

In the override you need to remove lines 61-93. Note however that this will also influence the Events Calendar widget as well, not only the Event List widget.

With some custom code it might be possible to limit it to the Event List widget.

2. The would like to remove the links to Previous and Upcoming Events on the single event listing.

CSS version:

.tribe-events-sub-nav {
    display: none;
    }

Template override version for this file:

wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\views\single-event.php

and remove the parts which are between

<ul class="tribe-events-sub-nav">

and end with

</ul>

There are 2 of these.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it works out.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Oh, I forgot. You can find detailed info on how you can do template overrides in our Themer’s Guide.

A.

Marvin
    Participant

Both of these fixes worked perfectly.

Thank you!

Andras
    Keymaster

Stoked to hear Marvin!

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new one in the forum and we will be happy to help you out.

Good luck further down the road!

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/the-events-calendar/reviews/
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/event-tickets/reviews/

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Customizations for Widget Box and Single Event List’ is closed to new replies.