Customization single event page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Customization single event page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sebastien
    Participant

Dear Events calendar team,

I would like to bring some simple modifications to the plugin however I’m quite bad in CSS and PHP and I don’t have time to look for the solution. I just spent 2 hours trying to change a little color when I’m really overwhealm by other things more important.

Therefore I’d like a help to solve this.

1. I’d like to change the basic green (#aace4e) of the background title by my red.

2. I’d like to use 24h for hours as I’m in Europe

3. I’d like to not use the feature image on the event page because I use it in another way. Have a look here: http://alexandrederussie.com/evenement/alexandre-afterwork-14/

but I’d like to keep it in the list of events here: http://alexandrederussie.com/liste_des_evenements/

That’s it 🙂 If this is done it will be already good.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,
    Sebastien

Nico

Hey Sebastien,

Thanks for reaching out! I’ll try to help you on these changes:

1. I’d like to change the basic green (#aace4e) of the background title by my red.

Just add this snippet to your theme stylesheet -located at wp-content/themes/your_theme/style.css- or via Simple Custom CSS plugin:

.single-tribe_events .sidebar .tribe-events-single-section-title, .single-tribe_events .sidebar .widget .heading .widget-title, .single-tribe_events .sidebar .widget .widget-title {
    background-color: rgba(227,0,27,1);
    color: #fff;
    }

2. I’d like to use 24h for hours as I’m in Europe

Go to WP-Admin > Settings > General > Time Format, what you define there will be used by the calendar as well.

3. I’d like to not use the feature image on the event page because I use it in another way.

I guess there must be a better way of doing so, but surely the simplest is to add this css as described in #1:

.single-tribe_events .tribe-events-event-image img {
    visibility: hidden;
    height: 90px;
    }

Please note that #1 and #3 are customizations we cannot support, so I won’t be able to provide much more help there.

Hope that helps,
    Best,
    Nico

Sebastien
    Participant

Dear Nico,

Perfect it works quite well and I even brought few more modifications. Thanks a lot.

On the week view there are the MAR 20TH, JEU 22ND

it’s the english version. Do you know how to take it off?

http://alexandrederussie.com/liste_des_evenements/semaine/?tribe-bar-date=2015-10-20

Thanks in advance.

Nico

Glad to hear Sebastien!

You can filter the output of the ‘tribe_events_week_day_header’ function which generates that string. Try adding the following snippet to your theme’s functions.php file (located at wp-content/themes/your_theme/):

add_filter( 'tribe_events_week_day_header', 'format_week_date' );
    function format_week_date ( $html ) {
    $html = str_replace( 'th', '', $html);
    $html = str_replace( 'st', '', $html);
    $html = str_replace( 'nd', '', $html);
    $html = str_replace( 'rd', '', $html);
    return $html;
    }

That should do the trick, please let me know if it does!
    Best,
    Nico

Sebastien
    Participant

Yes it worked ! Thanks a lot I would never have found such code.

Nico

Stocked to help you out Sebastien 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Customization single event page’ is closed to new replies.