Customise PDF Ticket

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Customise PDF Ticket

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Conrad

Hello,
    Is it possible to specify custom fields to be displayed on the PDF ticket? I’m thinking of developing a seating allocation component and would need the seat number(s) on the PDF ticket(s).
    I’m assuming I can inject my seat selection process somewhere in the checkout but if you can see any reason why this might be impossible/a bad idea/very difficult I’d be interested to hear your thoughts!

Assuming it’s all good it would be useful to know when the docs are going to be ready as I suspect I’ll need them before embarking on this challenge!

Many thanks,
    Conrad

Barry

Hi Conrad,

Is it possible to specify custom fields to be displayed on the PDF ticket? Iā€™m thinking of developing a seating allocation component and would need the seat number(s) on the PDF ticket(s).

We currently don’t have any docs covering this and actually we are making significant changes to allow for easier customization of emailed tickets (amongst other things).

Right now however you would need a good working knowledge of WordPress and general PHP development to put this in place.

Iā€™m assuming I can inject my seat selection process somewhere in the checkout but if you can see any reason why this might be impossible/a bad idea/very difficult Iā€™d be interested to hear your thoughts!

I can’t think of any reasons as to why this would be impossible, especially if the seat selection part of the puzzle is something you’ve already solved – however this is definitely in the realms of custom development and the help and support we can offer for something at this level is likely to be limited.

I hope that answers your questions (as much as is possible, at least) but please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Conrad

Hi Barry,
    Sorry for the delay, I thought I’d get a notification but apparently not! šŸ™‚
    Many thanks for your response. I don’t suppose you can give a rough indication of when the next version will be ready? I’ve got a bit of time(weeks rather than months).
    Understood re. support of the seat selection component. I really just wanted to make sure that the checkout process is suitably flexible for me to prompt a user for some additional info (e.g. seats), update their order, and then carry on as usual.
    Thanks,
    Conrad

Leah

Hi Conrad,

To get a follow up email from a forum post you’ll want to check the Notify Me box under the comment box. Then you’ll get an email whenever you get a response šŸ™‚

We do not have a release date planned for the next iteration of WooTickets. We will likely be updating it when we release The Events Calendar 3.0, but that version will not include new features like the ones you mentioned.

Best,
    Leah

Conrad

Hi Leah,
    Unfortunately there isn’t a ‘Notify Me’ box under the comment box. Perhaps because I’m not registered? Not to worry though, I’ll keep checking back.
    When you say it won’t include new features, does that also exclude the “significant changes to allow for easier customization of emailed tickets” that Barry mentioned?
    Thanks,
    Conrad

Leah

Hi Conrad,

Ah yes, it’s probably because you’re not registered. Without an email on file you don’t get notifications.

Forgive me for my previous statement- I forgot that our next iteration of WooTickets will include a few changes, including easier customization. Our other plugins are only getting updated to work with Events Calendar 3.0, but WooTickets is getting feature changes too. Hopefully those changes will give you the flexibility you’re looking for.

Cheers,
    Leah

Conrad

Hi Leah,
    No problem. Just a waiting game for me then. Fingers crossed it will be available soon.
    Thanks for your help,
    Conrad

Leah

Thanks Conrad!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Customise PDF Ticket’ is closed to new replies.