Customer Details not collected

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Customer Details not collected

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stacie
    Participant

We have required information set up on tickets for some of our events. (Type of project, custom lettering, etc.). But for some of the customers, the details are not being collected even though they are set to be required by the ticket, or at least not showing up in the details section of the Attendee list. Any help with how they are buying tickets without filling out the required fields, or why the information isn’t coming through would be helpful. thanks.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Stacie.
    Stacie
    Participant

Here is an example of what I am talking about. I have one ticket that the attendee fills out, that has required fields. I have sold 2 tickets to this event. One has details the other does not.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Stacie and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by a recently found bug that impacts attendee information for our customers using GoDaddy hosting. We are actively working on a fix for this.

We have yet to confirm this, but it sounds like this might have to do with the PHP version in place on such installs. If you have the ability to request a PHP version change, I would recommend giving it a shot.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date for a fix at this point, but you will be contacted as soon as there is one.

Thank you for your patience as we see this through.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Stacie,

Your thread is attached to a bug report we have filed. This glitch prevented the attendee meta for your tickets from saving, and so all of the recent ticket purchases contained no meta in your attendee reports. This problem only affected those on GoDaddy servers, including MediaTemple and other GoDaddy brands.

The issue started 3 weeks ago, and impacted people who had made absolutely no changes to their website. It was apparently the result of a change GoDaddy made to their servers. We began an investigation as soon as we could. Late last week the problem went away for some affected. In all of our recent tests the problem has gone away on our GoDaddy test server as well.
    I wanted to double check with you, are you still having issues collecting attendee meta on new purchases? Unfortunately during the outage none of the data collected would have been saved to your database. While we were not able to determine what GoDaddy did to prevent it from saving, we have confirmed that the data is completely missing. However, if the issue has gone away on your site as well, then any tickets sold from today forward should contain the attendee meta data.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

– Brook

Stacie
    Participant

Thank you for the update. I have sent my client a note asking if the problem has happened again recently, but haven’t heard anything back from them.

Glad to here is it not something on our end.

We appreciate all the behind the scenes testing you and your team have done.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Stacie,

Thank you for the understanding and the great words.
    It’s truly appreciated.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great weekend!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Customer Details not collected’ is closed to new replies.