Custom URLs

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Custom URLs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan

Hello,

I am very interested in using Event Calendar Pro in the rebuild of our national website.

I just have a quick question about creating custom URLs before we proceed:

We will have multiple venues holding events which share the same name.
    I would therefore like the url to contain the venue name to help differentiate, but specifically in this way:

rigpa.org.uk/[venue]/event/[event-title]/[event-date]

ie. exactly like this example url, but with the venue name inserted before the ‘event’ slug

WordPress Developers Meetup – Seacoast NH

Thanks in advance for your help
    Jonathan

Geoff

Hello Jonathan–thanks for getting in touch! We’re stoked you’re checking out the plugin and I hope it’s a fit for your project. 🙂

The plugin does offer custom URLs, however not quite on that level of specificity. In other words, you can customize the slug of the calendar as a whole (e.g. [your-site]/[events-slug]) and then all events would fall into that structure.

You can customize the single event slug [e.g. [your-site]/[single-slug]/[post-slug]), however that [single-slug] isn’t capable of capturing the associated venue of an event right out of the box.

You might be able to write a function that captures the associated venue and then creates a rewrite rule based on that condition. We do have an extensive documentation available to help get started in that direction.

Another route might be to use a redirection plugin. At the same time, having to create a redirect for each event could be tedious as well.

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Thanks for following up and marking the answer, Jonathan! I’m glad this helped.

Please feel free to open a new thread if any other questions come up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom URLs’ is closed to new replies.