Custom translation and disable payment option for users.

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Custom translation and disable payment option for users.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dirk
    Participant

Hi guys,

We just started with Community Tickets and it looks promising!

Two questions:

1. We made some custom translations (.po and .mo files) and we’re wondering what the correct string would be. We tried: tribe-events-community-tickets-nl_NL.po but that didn’t seem to work.

2. On the users list of their events their is an options showing: Payment options. Since we do not use PayPal or split payment we would like to remove that link since it is confusing. Can you help us out with that?

Thanks in advance,

Dirk

Barry

Hi Dirk,

Great to hear you’re enjoying the plugin so far!

Please note first of all that we do try hard to stick to a policy of one issue per topic. I’ll try to outline some avenues for you to explore in relation to both your questions, but if you need further help on them it would be appreciated if you could create a new topic for one of them.

Re translation files, the name you created looks fine to me: where are you saving it, exactly?

To your second question, might the following snippet help?

https://gist.github.com/barryhughes/13b814cf679a3e7e2ee4

The idea would be to add this code (usually not including the opening <?php tag) to your theme’s functions.php file or some other suitable place.

Does that help?

Dirk
    Participant

Hi Barry,

We’re definitely enjoying the plugin, it makes wootickets and community events much more useful for sites with many event planners.
    The price is a bit steep, but we’ll let that slide 😉

Sorry for violating the 1 subject policy! In my mind it made sense to combine questions to save you guys time.
    Since the code you provided works perfectly that part of the post is done!

About the translation:
    We opened the .pot file in poedit, created a new translation (in dutch) and saved it a described above. (I know I did that part correctly since I translated some of your plugins in the past which were used in a patch)

We put the translation files here (the same directory as the .pot file):
    wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events-tickets/lang

Should we put it somewhere else?

Thanks in advance,
    Dirk

Barry

Hi Dirk,

Since the code you provided works perfectly that part of the post is done!

Glad it helped!

We put the translation files here (the same directory as the .pot file):
    wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events-tickets/lang

Sounds like you did everything correctly and you’ve probably covered this already, but just for the avoidance of any doubt: you did set up the .mo file and not just the .po file? Also, is your site configured to use Dutch via the Settings → General admin screen?

Dirk
    Participant

Hi Barry,

I understand the questions but yes we did both. Poedit created a .po and .mo file and they have the same name (but with the -nl_NL at the end) and are in the same directory as the .pot file.

Languague is also set to Dutch.

It’s rather strange it is not working isn’t it?

Dirk

Barry

Hi Dirk,

Apologies first of all for not catching this earlier on in the exchange – but it is actually a bug in the plugin code which means the translation will only be loaded if the plugin is unable to run (such as if one of the plugins it depends on is not activated).

Of course, that isn’t very useful and we’re going to try and fix this as quickly as possible. I’ll keep you updated 🙂

Geoff

Hi Dirk, good news! We just released a patch for this issue and it’s available right now in Community Events 3.12.1. Please update and feel free to hit us back up if any other issues pop up.

Thanks for your support while we worked on this!

Geoff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom translation and disable payment option for users.’ is closed to new replies.