Custom styles ovveride troubles – beyond frustrated and working a deadline

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Custom styles ovveride troubles – beyond frustrated and working a deadline

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

Hello MT folk,
    I’m not real comfortable with posting info publicly and I’d much prefer direct private support contact, so my apologies if any part of this is vague. (I’d be happy to supply screenshots and other info to a private contact at tri.be).

I’m trying to make the colors of the ECP elements match the theme of a site for a client (in fact, customize them for any theme), and I’m having a really difficult time with it.

It doesn’t matter what theme I choose, whether it’s the default twenty twelve or thirteen that comes with WP, or a custom theme of my own, I cannot get the colors to change appropriately for the project.

I make this post after spending a lot of time following the guidelines at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/

I followed the instructions there and place a stylesheet called tribe-events-pro.css in the tribe-events/pro/ directory I created for each theme (both the custom theme and the default WP themes), and disabled all plugins except for Akismet during my testing. And within the tribe-events-pro.css file I basically copied the tribe-events-pro-theme.css file and completely replaced all of the hex color values with crazy odd colors to that I could try to see a difference, but to no avail.

(I’d be happy to send the css files to a tri.be staffer privately to demonstrate so.)

Ultimately I cannot get any of the important elements to change color using the https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/ and I have spent for too many hours trying to make it work and I’m under a serious deadline (past it, actually) for my client.

The tiles behind each day in the “Month” view won’t change to the colors I need, the background behind the header above each date will not change to what I want, the borders and text colors will not change to what I want, the backgrounds for thing such as the Google Maps view will not change, etc….

I can assure you that I create a tribe-events/pro/ directory within each theme, and inside that directory I placed a tribe-events-pro.css file with completely changed hex codes for my colors and it make absolutely no difference. I continue to get the tribe-events-pro-full.css default colors for most elements regardless of what I do.

In this particular case there are no incompatible / extraneous plugins interfering. This is a fresh WP install with only bare minimum typical plugins (which I deactivated during testing).

Can I please make direct private contact with a tri.be staffer to try to sort this out? I’m in a serious pinch here and have spent more hours trying to resolve this via the resources available on this site than I’m getting paid for the job. I realize that’s not tri.be’s problem, but I did purchase the Pro “Business License” and had planned to purchase the Dev license this week because I have more than 3 sites I want to use this product on. A little help without having to expose sensitive URLs and client info publicly would be nice. If I can get this resolved then I will definitely be upgrading my “Business” license to “Developer” license within a few days. But right now I’m not feeling too comfortable with the only avenue of support being a public forum. I realize I sound a bit tense at this moment, because I am. I’m past an important deadline and under pressure.

Thank you for your consideration.

Barry

Hi David,

We’d prefer to work through this here if that’s ok – note that when you open a thread you can share a URL (which is very helpful from our perspective) but it isn’t publicly visible. You can also mark additional replies as private if you want to share information you consider sensitive.

So, if possible, please provide a URL where we can see the problem and ideally details of one of the changes you made – so we can take a peek and see what’s going wrong.

Thanks!

David
    Participant

Hi Barry, I will definitely provide some info in a private post soon. as I mentioned, I was under a deadline (actually several, but only one involving EC), so it wasn’t possible for me to immediately provide you private feedback. I’ll be making a private update to this likely within 24 – 48 hours with the requested info, as I need a chance to prepare some screenshots and also try to document the changes I made.

Barry

Sure thing, we’ll be here 🙂

Andy Fragen

David,

Something to consider. A slight modification from the Themer’s Guide.

Create a ‘tribe-events’ directory inside of your active theme directory. Inside of that create a ‘tribe-events.css’ file. Only add your override CSS here. You don’t need to duplicate.

Install The Events Calendar User CSS plugin. It will correctly load the stylesheet. You won’t have to worry about a ‘tribe-events/pro’ directory or a ‘tribe-events-pro.css’ file. The plugin will use ‘tribe-events/tribe-events.css’ correctly whether or not you’re using the PRO plugin.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom styles ovveride troubles – beyond frustrated and working a deadline’ is closed to new replies.