Custom, static links within calendar table cells won't work with Fancybox

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Custom, static links within calendar table cells won't work with Fancybox

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    whollymackerel
    Participant

New user here. Trying to set up a simple reservation interface for my users. They’d view the month calendar and click on a day they want to reserve my venue. I’ve added custom, static links within every day which does not already have an event. I want those links to open a Fancybox modal window. Trouble is, I can’t get the fancybox to work. It seems that however the links are being loaded into the table (or maybe how the table is being loaded into the page?), the links won’t trigger the fancybox. I’ve confirmed that the Fancybox works perfectly on links OUTSIDE the events table. I’m hoping you can help me figure out a way to open a Fancybox modal window from links within the table. Now, with all that said, if there’s a better way to use The Events Calendar PRO as a reservation tool, I’m all ears. As long as I can use the month table view to let users click on a day they want to reserve, I’m happy. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Casey
    Participant

whollymackerel,
    Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately, we’re unable to help with providing support for integration with third-party plugins, or site-specific customizations. However, in order to perform customizations to the calendar views, you’ll want to take a look at our themer’s guide. You should be able to override the ‘views/month/single-day.php’ file to add some kind of ‘reservation’ link for each day in the grid.

Hopefully that points you in the right direction, but let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

whollymackerel
    Participant

I have read the Themer’s Guide, thank you. I guess I should restate my question: is there something special happening (JSON?) to load the month view calendar into its page? I.e., is that table being generated or somehow manipulated via javascript? I see the PHP templates and it looks at first glance like HTML is static (with some PHP generating it, of course). But I’ve noticed a spinner icon appears when I advance to the next or previous month. This leads me to believe that the content is using ajax or some other javascript. How can I learn more about this ajax/JS manipulation?

Casey
    Participant

whollymackerel,
    Yes, when paging through prev/next month, the plugin loads events via an AJAX request and pulls them into the PHP templates via JSON. Because of this, you should be able to override ‘the-events-calendar/views/month/single-event.php’ and add the appropriate CSS classes to the link in order to fire your lightbox event.

Hope that helps!

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom, static links within calendar table cells won't work with Fancybox’ is closed to new replies.