Custom RSVP and Ticket order added to functions.php code

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Custom RSVP and Ticket order added to functions.php code

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paula Sageser
    Participant

This is in reference to customizations made in our functions file based on recommendations in this article:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-rsvp-ticket-forms/

I tried upgrading from 4.3.5 to 4.4.0.1 this morning and it crashed my site. I had to go back to version 4.3.5.
    Is is possible that using the custom code in functions.php from the article could cause the site to crash? I had no idea that the new version was going to make this custom code unnecessary until after I started researching some other display issues. This could hit other people who have followed the suggestions in that article.

This is the line referenced in the fatal error message:
    /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/common/vendor/lucatume/di52/src/tad/DI52/Container.php on line 138

Cliff

Hi, Paula. Sorry you experienced this.

If I’m understanding you correctly, you’re all squared away (having updated your plugins and removed this unnecessary snippet) but wanted to give us a heads up?

Please let me know so I can assist.

Paula Sageser
    Participant

Thanks for checking in on this. Yes, I noticed you were seeing a lot of fatal error problems with the update from 4.3.5 to 4.4, so I wanted to share my experience and that removing the customization from functions.php, before upgrading, might be a good idea. I was able to update without the crash after removing my customizations.

Cliff

Thanks so much. Have a great week!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom RSVP and Ticket order added to functions.php code’ is closed to new replies.