Custom list view from category

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Custom list view from category

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sudocristian
    Participant

I would like to create a view to place it on my front page. I would only like to view to view a certain category on this list view. I would also only like to view at most one item on this view (next upcoming). How can I accomplish this using short codes? I purchased the PRO version. Thank you!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Cristian!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you with this topic.

You can use the tribe_events_list shortcode like this:

[tribe_events_list category=”tickets-available” limit=”1″]

You can learn more about this shortcode in > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-widget-shortcodes/

Additionally, let me point you to our documentation for our tribe_events shortcode > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/

I hope that helps! Is there anything else I can help you with? 🙂

Best,
    Victor

sudocristian
    Participant

Hi Victor! Thanks for your help. I was able to achieve what I wanted with the tribe_events_list shortcode. That shortcode was not mentioned in the documentation that you linked me to (I had checked it before I opened the ticket). Is there any way to remove the horizontal line and the “View more …” with the short code as well? I am unable to find the documentation for the same as well.

Also are there different themes for the list view? Can I display two upcoming items (limit=2) and have them display side by side?

Thanks again!

bhchilds
    Participant

Is there anyway to add the category you want when someone creates a calendar event? So when it uploads it’s in the correct category? Or do you just have to set categories once they upload into events calendar?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Cristian!

Glad to know the shortcode helped!

Unfortunately, there is no shortcode attribute to remove the horizontal line or the “View more…” elements from it. However, you can customize the widget templates by using one of the methods described in our Themer’s Guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/.

Also are there different themes for the list view? Can I display two upcoming items (limit=2) and have them display side by side?

This is only achievable by customizing our template like I mentioned above.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Hi @bhchilds! Thanks for chiming in here 🙂

You can create and manage event categories by navigating to Events > Event Categories in your wp-admin. Event categories will show up to be assigned to events upon creation. Does it help?

If you have any further questions, please open a new topic for it. This will help us keep things more organized and make sure we give the proper attention to each user.

Thanks!

Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom list view from category’ is closed to new replies.