Custom Linked Post Type: Instructors duplication shows an error

Home Forums Additional Help Extensions Custom Linked Post Type: Instructors duplication shows an error

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    goncalo
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve uploaded the https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/linked-post-type-instructors/ with success, then I duplicated it and replaced Instructor(s) mentions case sensitive with DJ(s) and uploaded.
    When I try to open the https://99dances.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_ext_dj it shows the message “You need a higher level of permission. Sorry, you are not allowed to edit posts in this post type.”
    It also doesn’t appear on the events like the instructors…
    Did I do something wrong or can’t I have two custom linked posts?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by goncalo. Reason: minor English mistake
    Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I will try to help with your question. Please note that we are limited in the amount of support we can provide for customizations such as this. That being said, I will try to help if I can.

Do you have a fork of this on GitHub I could take a look at?

You should be able to add multiple linked post types if you make sure to rename all of the instances of “instructor” and “Instructor” with your new term.

You mentioned only replacing “case sensitive” mentions of “instructor,” is it possible you missed some Class names or function names somewhere because of the case?

Also, did you make sure to rename the directory name inside the view folder?

Thanks,
    Sky

goncalo
    Participant

I restarted from scratch and cleared out the cache.
    It’s working properly now

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Great! Glad to hear that you were able to get this sorted.

Please let us know if you have any questions or issues in the future.

Thanks,
    Sky

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Linked Post Type: Instructors duplication shows an error’ is closed to new replies.