Custom Layout with Event Detail Page

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Custom Layout with Event Detail Page

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Sandrine
    Participant

Hello,

I would like to have the same layout for Event Detail Page as the page for all events (see files attached). I’m not able to have a layout “boxed” for this page. Can you help me please ? When I edit the Event Detail Page I have not the possibility to put the page wide or boxed, is it possible to do this ? (see file attached).

And I would like to remove breadcrumb for this page (noted with : home/archives), because the term is not appropriate.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Sandrine,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

To clarify, you’re wanting to have the single event page to show with the sidebar to the left and content to the right like the layout shows on the main loop for events?

As a first step, depending on the way your theme is built, you may be able to accomplish this by trying out a different page template for your events at the top of the Event Settings > Display tab. Try the available settings there to see if there is an option there to get the layout you’re looking for.

You can accomplish this, however it may take a little bit of development which would depend on the way the theme works. As a general approach, you can accomplish this by following our Themer’s Guide to copy the single events template into your theme. You can then customize based on your theme’s page templates by looking at your theme files and recreating a similar layout as used by your theme.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Sandrine
    Participant

Hey Josh,
    Thank you for your answer.
    I’ve tried different template but it doesn’t change anything. The theme I use is configurated with “boxed” for all post and pages.
    I don’t understand why this page doesn’t work as the others, with the sidebar to the left and content to the right.

I’m not able to customize the theme, or may be you can tell me what kind of files I’m supposed to look after.

Sorry for my bad english….

Have a good day.

Sylvia

Josh
    Participant

Hey Sanrine,

For your single view, is the sidebar that is supposed to display to the left showing up further down the page?

Thanks!

Sandrine
    Participant

Hey Josh,

Right, it’s exactly what I want.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Sandrine,

Sorry, I may have caused some confusion there.

Looking at the image of the single event you’ve given, I’m unable to see the rest of the page. On that page, is the sidebar that shows up on the left for the other pages on that page, just pushed down below the content? Is the sidebar there but the layout is messed up or is the sidebar missing completely on that page?

Thanks!

Sandrine
    Participant

Hey Josh,

I give you the url of the two pages.
    This one is ok with the sidebar :
    http://event.sacas.fr/events/

and the other one have no sidebar :
    http://event.sacas.fr/event/caraibes-vendredi-20-mai-2016/

and I would like to have the same as the first page I show you.

Thank you for your answer.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Sandrine,

Would you mind taking a look at your theme files and see if you have a tribe-events folder there with “single-event.php” file in that folder? If so, try renaming it to something like “disable-single-event.php” to prevent it from loading and see if that addresses the issue.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Sandrine
    Participant

Hey Josh,

The only “single-event.php” file is in the plugin files folder (as you can see in the file attached). If I try to rename this file, the page become blank, nothing appear.
    In wordpress when I want to create a new event I have no possibility to put wide or boxed for the frame (as you can see in the file attached for a single post). I’ve tried to find in the ftp how I can change this in admin mode, but I didn’t find anything…

All the theme of the site is customized with boxed layout, and all the pages look like this (boxed) but not the single event. I don’t understand why.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Sandrine,

This box layout option that you’re able to select elsewhere on the site, is this something built into your theme or is this another plugin that you’re using?

The main calendar pages are most likely picking up on the layout since they’re following an archive time rule for that setting. The difference here is with the single event having the template and it not matching the necessary layout elements in that template to have that setting take affect.

The most likely solution here will be to modify the single event template following our Themer’s Guide and include whatever elements are utilized within the theme for allowing those settings to be output on the frontend of the site.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Layout with Event Detail Page’ is closed to new replies.