Custom intro text over event calander

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Custom intro text over event calander

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lars
    Participant

Over the event calandar I put on https://salesagents.uk/events/ I’ve written a short “introduction text” over the event calandar.

This was easily done under Event Settings – – > Display – – > Advanced Template Settings.

However problem being I noticed that text added there are also added to every individual “event page” – i.e. https://salesagents.uk/event/bristol-connect-business-lunch/

Is there a way to keep the general introduciton text on the main event calandar page – and not have it above all individual events?

Best wishes
    Lars

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Lars,

I would love to help you with this.

If you are content with just using some CSS to hide that intro test this will be very easy. This CSS will hide it just from the single page:

.single-tribe_events .tribe-events-before-html { display: none; }

You could either insert that into your theme’s CSS, or use a plugin like Simple CSS to insert it.

If you wish to fully remove this rather than hiding it though you will need to do a little custom coding. If you override the filter ‘tribe_events_before_html’ to be an empty string when is_single() is trule, then you should be all set.

Does that all make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

Lars
    Participant

Thanks Brook!

I added the css and that worked well!

I would however prefer to fully remove it. Is there more detailed instructions on how to go about that somewhere?

If you’re a programmer I’m sure your explanation makes perfect sense but if you’re a total beginner some more detailed instructions would be helpful. 🙂

Best wishes
    Lars

Lars
    Participant

One thing that will solve this immediately and add a lot more option is when you have a shortcode to embed the entire calendar in to a page.

Then you can put any custom content around the full calendar.

Any progress on that front?

Best wishes
    Lars

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Lars,

If you’re a programmer I’m sure your explanation makes perfect sense but if you’re a total beginner some more detailed instructions would be helpful.

No worries there. Actually a few folks have requested this in the past so I just wrote a snippet/small plugin that does this for you. It adds this to WP-Admin > Events > Settings > Display :

Pasted image at 2016_05_26 03_19 PM

Just download and install the following plugin: tribe-snippet-hide-html.zip

One thing that will solve this immediately and add a lot more option is when you have a shortcode to embed the entire calendar in to a page.

Any progress on that front?

Absolutely, there has been lots of progress. But this is a big feature and it’s not ready yet, nor do I expect it to be ready until at least version 4.3 of our plugins. We resumed development on this a couple of months but have encountered a few issues with our current framework that we are currently resolving. Thus at least part of this has been bumped from 4.2, and likely all of it will be.

Did that plugin help?

Cheers!

– Brook

Lars
    Participant

Thanks. That plugin worked well on our Norwegian site.

FYI: On our english site it returned the following error message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/salesage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Validate.php on line 266

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/salesage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Validate.php:266) in /home/salesage/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1171

However one page at the time. Might get back to you if I still have issues on the english site after I take a closer look at it.

Brook
    Participant

Please do let me know if you zero in on this. I have not reproduced that yet in my testing.

Thanks for getting back Lars!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom intro text over event calander’ is closed to new replies.