Custom HTML before & after is missing when shortcode used

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Custom HTML before & after is missing when shortcode used

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ria
    Participant

To show the calendar on the home page I use the [tribe_events] shortcode to embed full calendar view on an actual WP “page” home page. As promised, a calendar is generated where I placed the shortcode. However, what happened to the “Add HTML before event content” and “Add HTML after event content” that we configure in the Event Calendar Settings “Display” tab?!?

We use those areas for banner ads and we need those to show along with the calendar, on the home page. When using the [tribe_events] shortcode, we lose that before/after content? The before/after shows on the ‘calendar’ main event post that is generated by the plugin, but the before/after doesn’t show when placing the calendar on a page via shortcode. Why is that? Is there a workaround for this problem? We’d like to have those banners along with the calendar on the home page.

I know I can set up widget areas or place the banner images before and after the shortcode on the home page via the home page editor. BUT, this site will be updated by non-coders who can use the simple, familiar editor to “add media”, add a hyperlink to it, and be done. They would have to enter HTML code into a widget area so that’s not an option. And, they will surely mess up (or possibly overwrite the calendar shortcode and other areas of) the home page if they’re allowed to go in to the home page editor and add banners.

My goal is to keep the editors out of the home page editor and only be able to add banner images via the Event Calendar editor for the before/after areas only. Is this possible?

Hunter

Hello and welcome 🙂

I went ahead and tested to see if the content in the “Add HTML before/after event content” displays when using shortcodes and can confirm it does not. I unfortunately don’t have a workaround for you in the mean time, but I’ve written up a bug report so the developers can take a closer look at the issue.

I’ve included this forum thread to the ticket which helps expedite the process of getting a fix included in an upcoming release. I don’t have a precise date when it will be available, but please stay tuned to our Release Notes and the plugin changelogs for more information. Thanks again and let me know if you’ve got any additional questions or comments. Cheers!

Ria
    Participant

Thanks, Hunter!

In the meantime, I did figure out a workaround. I did the widget thing (added widget areas before and after the calendar) and then used the MT image-widget plugin ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/image-widget/ ) in those widget areas, which will make it easy for my non-coder client to use them.

Hunter

Thank you for sharing your creative workaround and for your patience while we get this issue resolved! Have a pleasant rest of your week and I’ll keep this thread Open/Pending Fix until we update it with more information. Cheers!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Ria!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-27-may-2018/

We apologize for the long delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom HTML before & after is missing when shortcode used’ is closed to new replies.