Custom Fields in Events List Widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Custom Fields in Events List Widget

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gotmuck
    Participant

Hey there – how would I get the Custom Field I created in the “Additional Fields” section of the PlugIn Settings page to appear as option for display in the Events List Widget?
    Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

gotmuck,
    Thanks for getting in touch! First of all, you’ll need to perform a template override on ‘views/pro/widgets/list-widget.php’. If you’re unsure of how to do this, check out our themer’s guide.

Once you’ve overridden that file, you should be able to display your custom field by using the ‘tribe_get_custom_field‘ function like this:

<?php echo tribe_get_custom_field( 'Your Custom Field Label' ); ?>

Give that a try and let me know if it gets you started in the right direction. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

gotmuck
    Participant

Hey Casey,

Sorry for the delay in response. I’ve created the override but a not sure where to add the function in the php file. I placed it in its own div below the vcard info. This, however, does not seem to work though…

Thanks, Herg

Casey
    Participant

Herg,
    You’ll just want to place that code somewhere in between the <li> tags, where ever you want the custom field value to display. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

gotmuck
    Participant

Hi Casey,

Cool, I did it right just didn’t place the override in the correct subdirectory! Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://m.tri.be/jw

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Fields in Events List Widget’ is closed to new replies.