Custom Fields – how to get them on my Single Event template?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Custom Fields – how to get them on my Single Event template?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tesseraecreative
    Participant

Hi there,
    We have Events Pro, and Community Events – so we are able to create Custom Fields that show on the Community Form (where our Resellers can create their own events).
    However, I want to put some of this data within the body of my Single Event template (ie, not just in the meta area at the bottom of the page).
    How can I add these fields? I would want the fields to all be sepeartely identified to be added in different spots to the template file – for example I might set one field to display immediately after the page title, another field at the bottom, and another in a sidebar. I can edit the PHP in the Single Event Template – I just need to know what the call to display the data is.

Thank you.

Hi Tessa,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

To display the additional fields on the single event template.  you are going to want to move and edit those templates in your theme.

You can follow the themer’s guide:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

And you can use this function to display the results of any additional field:

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/3ba8c5679e188946988e

Change ‘Community Field’ to the name of the field you would like to display.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

tesseraecreative
    Participant

Wonderful, thank you!

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since you marked this thread as Resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Fields – how to get them on my Single Event template?’ is closed to new replies.